NFL, CFL, anything Football thread

Old Ironmaker

First of all "golf" is not a sport but rather a form of recreation because the so called other golfer has no bearing on what you do.........if the other golfer could smack said ball back at the golfer that originally hit the ball then it would be a sport..........same could be said for bowling or fishing for that matter.

The best thing that happened to da Bills in the last 12 months was when Coach Marrone quit his job. The Jags deserve him.

The second best thing that happened to da Bills is the hiring of T-Rex....give him 3 years and da Bills should go deep into the playoffs.

Time will tell with QB Taylor or EJ.......but looking at the history of either one it's not looking good. Tyrod Taylor has a lifetime completion percentage of 57%.......EJ not so much.

T Mobile, aka Tyrod Taylor, has been Joe Flaco's back up for all 4 of his NFL seasons. Yes his passing stats stink. But I don't think you can gauge a QB on 35 pass attempts over 4 years. We will see what he does over the first 4 games, he doesn't produce he's out and Manual is in. He does go 3 and 1 Manual waits in the wings until he gets injured. As a running QB it isn't "if" you get hurt in the NFL it's when. There are exceptions but can't name one other than Y.A. Tittle. Yes I'm getting old. Y.A. Tittle, man if you saw him scramble you're old as well.

Manning will play until they carry him off the field with his noggin attached by a few ligaments. He has too many debt's maybe. A sane person would have retired the first time he broke his neck. The talking heads say he isn't able to feel his fingers. Maybe he has gambling debt or his wife like blingy stuff.

Hey you M2B2. If I bought all the stuff you have suggested I take and make all the recipes you make I will be in the poor house. Fouts and Marino aren't dead yet. Oh you mean to Football, I don't think they would fare well with their age and all. I know guys like that would do anything to put the pads back on. I think I told you I stood a few feet from Marino one day when he was throwing 30 yards on a rope. It sounded like a golf ball was going by at 150 mile per hour, swoooosh! I wonder if they ever timed his throw with a radar gun. Google that, I have a Golf tourney tomorrow and need to get my inner Zen in line and need to rest. Golf isn't a sport, 100% right. If I can still golf it can't be a sport. Like Poker on a sports network. Come on man!!!!!!

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Just try watching our own football the CFL sometimes, more offensive, and if u track the final scores of the Grey Cup vs the Superbowl over the past 20 years u might be pleasantly surprized to see the cfl final to be more of a nail biter, But the commentaters in the nfl are more polished and simply there is more betting money involved in the nfl

It is interesting that the Jays have a great deal of support in an international sport but a just Canadian league sometimes gets second rating, must be the tailgait parties lol

I like watching the NFL but I will check out the CFL games first just saying, Sunday and Monday great games on the tube

I hear you about the close Grey Cup games Blizzard. I remember in the 60's when my Uncle from the us said " I wish we had the NFL Championship like the Grey Cup" Not for the scores but we had a week long party years before they did. I do enjoy watching CFL. It just isn't supported here like hockey. A first year CFL players salary is around 50K. A rookie salary down there around 500K. No one in the CFL earns 500K. I think the highest paid in the last few years was Calvillo and Ricky Ray at 400K estimated because CFL salaries are confidential. The CFL are just not in the same league with the NFL like it or not. Heck a high school game I went to in Youngstown Ohio drew 35,000 people 20 years ago. We can't draw those numbers here. And yes a dog game in the NFL can sound like life or death as described by some NFL talking heads. There is zero interest in the Jays when they are losing, the Leafs lose and they pack the place. It's Canada eh.

Google search says the average CFL salary is approximately 80K today. An Industrial Mechanic makes that without OT.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Cowboys fan since my university days (University was next to the old cowboys stadium in Irving, TX). No high hopes for my team as long as Jerry Jones is owner.. but I am hoping they will make it post regular season.

About Bills, Rex Ryan will be Rex Ryan and will do same as what he did with Jets, plenty of noise and press coverage with not much result. In the end he will find some Mark Sanchez or Geno Smith to blame his failure.

As for super bowl, my guess is Patriots vs. Packers final. Though I would not be surprise if Eagles or 49ers pull off from NFC and Broncos from AFC.

It was Beamerball I think Taylor could have been more nfl ready in a different system. Beamer had some great atheletes that have made it to the nfl but they didn't make it because of his qb coaching.

Hopefully Taylor can be a good game manager and the bills can run the ball and play good d.

Had the privilege of seeing the official cfl airplane land in Yellowknife a few months ago totally amazing or craft with west team logos on one side east on the other. Sponsored by Canadian North

When I phoned cfl head office the girl wAs kind enough to send bunch more pics of aircraft in hanger during its painting said I was first to call to comment about plane. Got a cap out of deal. Hoping it would be tickets to grey cup lol