NFL, CFL, anything Football thread

Old Ironmaker

It's almost the 1/2 way point in the CFL season and only 1 more exhibition game left in the NFL. We have a NHL and Major League Baseball thread so why not a Football thread? There has to be more than a few fans of the game here. I would also say it would be anything Football, minor, highschool, Junior, Sr. Semi Pro as well as College ball. Heck touch leagues which isn't really football, kinda like ball hockey to ice hockey.

Who do you like, who don't you like? Who do you hate? Anything Football related. Type away.

I was born into a Buffalo Bills and Tiger Cat family. Dad is from Hamilton and had 2 cousins on the old Hamilton Tigers and Hamilton Cats and both still played when those teams merged to become the Tiger Cats. An Uncle I had that played at The University of Kentucky played on the Bills before the NFL merger and married my Mothers sister from North Tonawanda NY. So I either cheered for those teams watching on a round 12" B&W television or I didn't get supper. My first Bills game was around 67', whenever OJ's rookie year was, and the early 60's to a TiCat game Dad took me to for my birthday.

Bring it on,

Johnny D

Always been a double blue fan. Watched the games on tv black and white with my grandfather. Once I was in high school, I couldnt wait to try out for the jr team. Made it as a right tackle. Played that position through out my high school stay. My princible back then, was Russ Jackson . Probly the best QB in the CFL in his era.

Best player IMO in the CFL ever. PINBALL. Little man and played like he was a giant.

NFL, Im a Bills fan. Ya sad I know.LOL

Big news from Buffalo this week Brian if you haven't heard. Freddy Jackson cut. Tyrod Taylor has been named starting QB for game 1 against the Colts. Either Matt Cassel or former 1st round pick EJ Manual to be back up. I say they cut Cassel to save 5 mil against the cap and <annual backs him up. Phil Simms son goes to the practice squad. If Taylor doesn't produce Manual is ready to go, again. This will be Manuals last chance as a starter if he gets a chance unless someone else wants him now, like the Argos.

Patriots fan. Lived in Boston for 10 years. The Patriots play as a TEAM.

The guy I admire the most is coach Bill Belichick. He took a lot of outcast players (including 6th round pick Tom Brady) and made a dynasty out of them. Don't forget the other superbowl rings he has with the Giants as a D-fence coordinator, at the expense of the Bills.

You bills fans have it good.

Im a born vikings fan(please shoot me now)

But like any other sports I watch I follow multiple teams(green bay, pittsburgh, the pats, colts)

One thing I love about football is the intensity and strategy. Its like mixing sport with war.

The athletes are second to none.

But im just a fan of the game. Ill watch 5 games in a day no prob.

Favourite players all time? Barry sanders

I watch CFL but have no favorite team.

Edited by manitoubass2

Eagles fan here but I do like to see the Bills do well. The Bills should have a good season this year. Only question mark is at QB. If shady can stay healthy they should be alright. Their defense will be one of the best this year. Similar scenario in Philly this year. Bradford needs to stay healthy for them to have a big season. I think Jordan Matthews will have a breakout season. Regular season starts a week from today and I'm pumped.

Favourite players all time? Barry sanders

And with good reason he was the best!! Long time Lions fan been a whole lotta downs and so few ups...If Stafford and Johnson can stay healthy they should make the playoffs again this year but being a Lions fan i know that anything is possible...

Yes Russ Jackson, Mel Profit #75 tight end Argos Dave Raimey, Zenon Andrusition, friend of family. And Iron Maker just for u good old Angelo Mosca, Hamilton, built bigger and tougher than a brick s,,t house lol

Good old Wilkinson , man could he sucker the defence over the line, It has been amazing over many years how Saskatchewan fans fill the stadium no matter the weather, back in late 70s and early 80s used to spend summers working on relatives farm in Kamsack sask. Went to Regina to see the odd game, It was amazing how so many Americans would come up to support the team

CFL ...Sask fan for sure

NFL....Dallas...I like their cheerleaders :tease:

You can't cheat in Golf. Most other pro sports like Football it's called strategic advantage. Ball tampering, loaded bats, hot footballs to kick, sticky gloves to catch the ball, heck QB's now wear sticky gloves. a QB wearing a glove on his throwing hand! Watch the rules committee work on that one next year. Odel Beckam Jr. doesn't make the miracle catch last year without gloves on.

You can't cheat in Golf. Most other pro sports like Football it's called strategic advantage. Ball tampering, loaded bats, hot footballs to kick, sticky gloves to catch the ball, heck QB's now wear sticky gloves. a QB wearing a glove on his throwing hand! Watch the rules committee work on that one next year. Odel Beckam Jr. doesn't make the miracle catch last year without gloves on.

True true

They are saying on the NFL network the appeal should start around Oct. You won't see Brady in a courtroom until next year and by that time something else will be in the news.

The guy that broke Gino Smiths jaw in the locker room last month cut by the Bills. Ekempali I think his name is. Another Rex Ryan move to get the Bills in the national spotlight. There will be more Bills related reports this year than in the last 25 since Rex became head coach because of his antics good or bad. Record year for season ticket sales at 60,000 and they haven't played a down yet.

I predict a Green Bay New England Super Bowl. Patriots win and Belichik and Brady retire and go silently into the sunset. Baltimore/New England AFC championship, Greenbay/Seatle NFC.