End of the World

xrap

I know this sounds really stupid but today our supply teacher was telling all of us that we were gonna die December 21st 2012. He told us to google " December 21st 2012" and I googled it and thier seems to be alot of links and looks like people are acutally beileving this crap. This teacher is kinda stupid and freaky and I have know idea why he would mentioned it to the class. I think it's fake but alot of people in my class got scared because there seems to be alot of info on it. Just wondering what everyone else thinks about it. Just google, December 21st 2012 and read some of the articles.

You know how many dates have passed in the last 20 years that the crazies said the same thing? Anytime you get a date with multiples of the same number, in this case 12/21/12, some idiot somewhere will freak out. If your a betting man, put money on the fact that Santa will still come on christmas 2012

How do IDIOTS get into positions teaching our children and young people? GEEZ

This is the reason the Ontario curriculum is in the state that it is. If it keeps going this way the next generation has a real problem.

In case your wondering, I actually know a little about the state of the curriculum, my wife is a teacher. Before someone else makes a crack, I will say she is a very good teacher and cares about what is going on.

I agree your teacher had no right to mention anything so off the wall.

You are very polite SP in your ststement. :worthy:

For me he/she is a brainless moron and what pisses me most is a fact that I pay taxes to put food on the table for IDIOT of this proporsions ( and they teach our kids??? :w00t: ). :dunno: :dunno:

There always seems to be one weird teacher in every school, but that usually just makes things interesting. You just have to know what to listen to and what to ignore. (in this case ignore).

But please don't rope in all teachers with this moron. Being a teacher myself, I hate seeing others saying this sort of inappropriate stuff in class, it gives us all a bad name.

And to be fair sometimes things are taken out of context - if the teacher proposed it in the 'here's a fun conspiracy for you' type of context and some students got freaked out well then their idiots on their own and I have a bridge to sell them. We had a great history teacher in high school who used things like this to open your mind a bit. If on the other hand this teacher mentioned it as if they really thought it was something the students needed to know about then they should be clumped in with the other crazies (must avoid religious debate thread..so hard....) and not allowed to teach.

Can you imagine, I have to get a criminal record check just to see my son play basketball, yet these quacks are allowed to teach and preach. Have no fear XRAP, these dates have come and gone, more than I can remember, and so will this one. I would inform your parents of this teacher, and perhaps they will inform your principle. Idiots such as these should be banned from teaching. It really peeves me that people like this are in positions to recklessly impose their ideologies on the young and vulnerable minds of our children. Just my opinion, and I better stop here otherwise this is going to turn into one serious rant.

You just have to know what to listen to and what to ignore. (in this case ignore).

Do not make me laugh. You are asking 10-14 years old kids to differenciate, and get their own conclusion what to accept and what to ignore????. Did I miss something.????

But please don't rope in all teachers with this moron. Being a teacher myself, I hate seeing others saying this sort of inappropriate stuff in class, it gives us all a bad name.

I do not

rope in all teachers with this moron
, but in this case he/she is a MORON or if you preffer "Brain DEAD Moron ". , And if it was up to me, He/she will be out of wark already.. Just in case you want to ask why.??? Very simple, as a teacher you are paid for teaching , not to force yours belives on kids