Rice Lake tomorrow

Shloim

So Im hitting Rice again tomorrow and was wondering if anyone else will be out on Rice? I also wouldn't be insulted by some offering up a tip or two. Just sayin....

Thanks

Sheldon

Edited by Shloim

Tossing a tube into the wake of the large boats coming out of the mouth of the Otonobee River used to produce some nice bass for us a few years ago...

Interesting you say that Norm, many years ago I used to fish bass in the Otonabee south of the 115 and would toss white spinnerbaits into the waves made by passing boats as they broke along the shoreline and always did well.

Well, I was going to offer up some advice, but you didnt reply! How'd you make out? We fished eyes and slayed them!

We done very good our selfs had our count of eyes (8) by 10:15 plus 7 we had to release that was under and over slot.

Well Ive never had any great luck fishing Rice Lake and that didn't change. Fished from 7:30 am until 1 pm and was only able to put 1 fish in the boat, an unimpressive smallie. My best day there was only a 4 fish day. Sucks that all the good places are at least a 2 hour drive from TO....Although just today a friend was telling me about a land locked lake near his cottage thats in the wild. Its about a 1k hike on a trail and voila! A unfished lake that holds huge bass and monster pike. Apparently people have dragged canoes back there and chained them up...Stay tuned for a fall report on that adventure