Daiwa 'service"

I sent the following e-mail to Daiwa nearly a month ago and haven't heard a peep!!

"I would like to get the following replacement parts for my reel:
Part 25 Line roller screw
Part 30 Line roller washer
Can I buy these directly from you, or do I need to contact a dealer? As a minimum, if the screw is not readily available, I would like to know the dimensional specs for it. i.e thread size and type."
Has anyone dealt with a dealer for Daiwa? Any luck?
thx

Try giving "Aikman's" a call. I've ordered quite a few parts from them in the past, for Abu's as well as Daiwas. If you know the part number he should be able to get it for you. 1 (905) 277-3595

thx for that #, just called them and re-ordered. I should have the parts in my hand in a week for about $10

As the other guys said Aikmans is the way to go. Unless it's Shimano no other brands really have good warranty/part centres up here. Rocky's and Aikmans take care of Quantum,Okuma,Daiwa,Abu,Pflueger and Mitchell reels.

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

I have had much better service from Mike's.

They also stock a lot more parts and accessories, power handles. Upgrade kits like better bearings and drag washers, I can look it up on their website before ordering,

Edited by stonefish

Some times it is cheaper to pay shipping on small items from BC than to drive to Aikman in Mississauga.

I needed a power handle for a Calcutta TE and it was cheaper to order it from Shimano & have it shipped from their outlet in California than it was to order from Gagnons in Oshawa and have it shipped 75 miles north to my place.

Sometimes it's cheaper to order from a long ways away rather than local.

I guess it must have been better a few years ago. I had a couple parts break on my Sealine level wind and emailed Diawa. About a week later an envelope arrived in the mail with the parts. No invoice just a packing slip. No duty because the packing slip said warranty replacement parts.