Where to buy a flat of nightcrawlers?

wvmedic

Heading up to the Wolseley Bay on July 22nd.

Need to buy a flat of nightcrawlers on the way up, I've checked E&R Tackle. They only sell by the dozen.

Can someone please tell me where I can buy a flat?

Thanks, Jeff

Here's a couple to check. It would all depend on timing coming through Ontario. I'll assume your crossing at Buffalo. These are really close to main Hwy you'll be on

With all best to call ahead and order one in

I used to bulk several flats at a time right from this wholesaler. only open Mon-Fri business hours but I think they still will sell 1 flat to walk in customers - cash and you have to make an appointment for pick up

National Bait Inc

946 Lakeshore Rd E Mississauga ON

905-278-0180

Fishing World

QEW going into Hamilton

2411 Barton E

Hamilton, ON L8E 2W9

Bronte Outdoors ( I get mine from here now - They sell flats and by 100's)

QEW in MIssissauga (you'll have to bypass 403 and take QEW to 427 to get to 400 highway)

121 Lakeshore Rd W
Mississauga, ON L5H 1E9
Some others that might help
True Canadian Outdoors

On 400 north just outside Toronto at the Bass Pro Mall

3175 Rutherford Rd
Concord, ON L4K 5Y6
The Bait Bucket
230 Innisfil St #1
Barrie, ON L4N 2N1
Huronia Bait
1721 Heron Dr
Waubaushene, ON L0K 2C0

Thanks everyone, yes I will be crossing at Buffalo. Sorry I didn't say that when I first posted.

I will call the places posted when I get home.

I changed plans yesterday, was going to Kipawa but Momma doesn't want to be that far in the bush

There's also Pagonis Live Bait. They are wholesalers as well, but I think they will refer you to a relative that owns a shop near by. Wherever you go, make sure to pre-order your flat. I forgot one year and managed to get a flat, but half of the worms turned out to be dead. It was also really gross going through the flat to recover the ones still alive!!!

Oggie, no problem.

500 nightcrawlers per flat, I've so far been quoted from 60 to 100 dollars for a flat.

I did just get off the phone with the lodge owner, he gets his bait in on Thursday's from Trans Can bait in Lavigne. So he is going to get me a price of a flat for me, so he can have it there when we get there.

I called them direct and the nice lady on the phone quoted me 75 dollars with tax and a 2 dollar deposit on the flat it is approximately $86.50.

Jeff