Long Point Bass Opener - or around there...

KraTToR

I would like to go to Long Point sometime in the near future, preferably a Friday to Sunday sort of thing. Camping, etc.. with my 2 sons. A few questions for the experts :)

• Is this a good idea?
  • Are there bay-side waterfront campsites so I can beach the boat at my camp and go out at will?
  • Notwithstanding the 2nd bullet, is there a nearby marina where I can leave the boat and chg the batteries.
  • Boat launch location, noting that we'll be camping in the park.

Thanks in advance :) :) :)

Edited by KraTToR

There is a launch at the Long Point Provencal park, not far past the entrance gate; the fee is included with your park pass. I don't think you'll find a beach bay side; it's mostly marsh. There are slips at the launch, that are first come first served; but I wouldn't leave the boat unsupervised or things will likely grow legs. Not sure but I don't think there is accessible electrics at these slips.

The last time we camped and fished out of the park; we'd ramp the boat and brought it back to our site. It's not like you have to secure everything for the 2 minute ride to the camp site.

If you're wanting to go for opener, you better get on the phone and try and reserve a site; the place fills up in a hurry.

Dan.

yes there are no waterfront sites to beach your boat on like lakes in the north,as mentioned the park has a good ramp and several slips but again as mentioned I would be very hesitent on leaving it over night. there are electric sites in the park to charge your battery if you book one,if not there are a couple marinas there that would charge it for you for a small fee.

Thanks everyone. Top notch information as usual :) DanD, good idea and you are absolutely correct, doesn't take much to move the boat back and forth from the campsite.

It looks like the plan will be the week following the opener anyways and I'm sure it will be still busy.

About the marathon timing.. :wallbash: