yes!!!! new camper

manitoubass2

Just bought a 1971 camper for my mom. So stoked. Built like a brick you know what.

18 footer all brand new tires, all brand new matresses, sleeps four. New oven and fridge and potty. $1200

Soooo stoked

So when you selling it?

Posted Yesterday, 06:39 PM

Ill take a good tent anyday.

I think huzzsada might be in the market for one?

Just joking around. LOL

You and the family will love it. My kids use to have sleep overs with their friends in our trailer, when it was parked at home.

That old 72 Holiday trailer got a lot of use.

Dan.

Lol @ dan. Its for my mom, only sleeps four so although im sure I will use it occasionally its still the big old tent for me?

I still cant believe the price!!!! I gues they had offers up to 3 grand yesterday but I used to chum with her son so I think I got lucky haha.

And they just bought a new 5th wheel so they wanted it gone quick.

I sure hope my mom likes it when she gets here late july!!!

Congrats Rick, now you have no excuse to come up here for a couple of days of fishing lol

Enjoy sounds like a sweet deal

Where are ya these days? I thought you were WAY up north?

If thats the case Im coming for at least a week lol

Edited by manitoubass2

They don't make'em like they used to. Good score Rick.

What's your Mom going to do with it, park it, or road trips?

Fishing trips/camping and its a way for her to have some privacy when she visits. She lives alone right now, moving in with us is gonna be a huge shock lol.

Plus the girls can use it for sleepovers etc

Sue and I bought a trailer when our son bought his place in French River. It was an older used one but not in bad shape. Well, we loved it!!!!!! Wwe had our own space when we wanted it, the kids had their own space. All summer we would have them over for dinners, the grandkids would come to visit when they wanted, they would have us over for dinners man that was some wonderful times. Winters we didn't use it much, the furnace didn't quite keep it warm at about -10 and running electric heaters was a bit of a hassle. The other thing that we had to sort out was septic but we did. Water was easy, just a hose.

I am sure this will be one of those "wow" investments!!!!!

Sue and I bought a trailer when our son bought his place in French River. It was an older used one but not in bad shape. Well, we loved it!!!!!! Wwe had our own space when we wanted it, the kids had their own space. All summer we would have them over for dinners, the grandkids would come to visit when they wanted, they would have us over for dinners man that was some wonderful times. Winters we didn't use it much, the furnace didn't quite keep it warm at about -10 and running electric heaters was a bit of a hassle. The other thing that we had to sort out was septic but we did. Water was easy, just a hose.

I am sure this will be one of those "wow" investments!!!!!

Absolutely cliff!

First thing the wife says is "so when do we christen it"?

The kids are in bed(in the house) and....

If the camper is a rockin ????

Here is a question, since I never bought a camper before.

I got the ownership papers and receipt. How do I transfer it over?

And what about insurance? Does it need its own or if i call it in is it covered under our current vehicle?

To transfer the ownership, go to any licensing office. Due to the trailer's age, not sure what they'll base the taxes on? They (license office) may have a pricing schedule for trailers, like they do for vehicles; if so they'll tax you on whatever amount is higher; their schedule; or your recite. If you payed cash and the previous owner is game; who knows what that recite might read?

Highway liability insurance for the trailer, should piggyback onto the tow vehicle's insurance; but check with your broker. Contents insurance should be covered by your house insurance; but again check with your broker.

Our 36 foot park model trailer, had to have its own policy, due to it supposedly being classed as a "second/weekend home"; the trailer park insisted?

Dan

Before I bought it I talked to some people yesterday.

One said if immaculate, id pay no more then $800

Then my father in law(a mechanic and collector of anything with a motor lol) said $1200 is an absolute steal

Edited by manitoubass2