Well, that was different

spincast

woke up with no plans to go. sitting drinking coffee looking windfinder. Only spot looking decently fishable is Jordan, and at 6:30, prime feed time is already 2 hours behind, but the alternative is more on the hunny do list. Having sanded the deck yesterday, thoughts of more work were pretty low on the let's-get-'er-done list :). After hmmm,,,, well,,,,, should I??? through 2 cups of coffee, finally decided to just do it anyway. Solo today, the first mate over at a friends last night. Running down the highway, figuring what I am gonna set out and how I am gonna net things solo.....NET!!!....crud , boat got a good cleaning yesterday and I restocked everything but the net. The other half was up and kindly agreed to meet me 1/2 way at the off ramp.

Get to the launch, not many trailers. Guess everyone felt the same way I did without the avoidance thing. Set up 1 wire driver, 1 lead core and run out to 80 FOW, radio check - loud and clear - shortly hear its a lure washing station. Just moments later get a rip on the new dipsey, but then it just feels tough. Bring it all the way to confirm, release was 2 turns too tight.

Ended up 3 for 7, a bent hook, some beauty weather, some enormous baitballs, and finally the first kings of 2015. This is definitely the latest since I started that I have put a king in the boat.

RIMG0660_zps1nyjjkdl.jpg

the taker of all but one today

not too many wanted to play on the other side?

RIMG0671_zpsmzgbcoin.jpg

except for this one ! :D - the spoon was half as big as him! See you in a couple years champ!

RIMG0666_zpshui2kan6.jpg

there is bait out there....

RIMG0665_zpsujafxtlb.jpg

in the sky was something to look at as well

RIMG0670_zpsqlw1aweg.jpg

Jr's slightly bigger brother gave a good dash on the slash

RIMG0647_zpshenerywu.jpg

and this one made my carpel tunnel act up, taking few fun runs and making netting with a 10 foot rod a lengthy exercise.

Unfortunately. I wasn't able to get him revived, so it smoked salmon

RIMG0677_zpsrqcckwxl.jpg

and then there was the proverbial launch ramp entertainment... but that is another story.

Nice way to finish the weekend

Could be time to look at the vacation calendar