Detroit River Walleye Run Action

PBenson

Great vid! We have had some fun times on the D and boated some real hogs! Still looking for a decent B&B or motel in Lasalle. It's an exhausting day trip and sleeping in the truck sucks! Not so keen on Windsor, when the Metro needs a security guard, I don't hold out much hope for my boat LOL.

Great vid! We have had some fun times on the D and boated some real hogs! Still looking for a decent B&B or motel in Lasalle. It's an exhausting day trip and sleeping in the truck sucks! Not so keen on Windsor, when the Metro needs a security guard, I don't hold out much hope for my boat LOL.

Lmao yeah definitely don't leave your boat outside downtown windsor at night it's sketchy as hell. Lasalle is your best bet to be honest.

Was out there for the first time few weeks ago. My buddy has family in lasallle so we left the boat on the driveway and stayed at a hotel. The fishing was ok, I expected a little more action but we managed about 45-50 fish over 3 days. I think next year I will go a little earlier and fish for the hens.

Uggghhhh!!! All that walleye jiggin' gets me all horny to do some walleye jiggin'. Too much fun.

That steelie would be a great surprise too.

If I can ask, while you are drifting with the current I presume, what weights do you use to keep vertical on the Detroit?

A good all around is 3/4, as sometimes you can be jigging in current at 40 feet plus depths. Some guys use an ounce, but I think it's seldom required and I've only used jigs that heavy in the deepest water when I wanted a big profile jig/grub. We use 5/8th and occasionally 1/2 ounce in tighter to shore. Basically the lightest you can get away with and stay vertical.

Edited by porkpie

Uggghhhh!!! All that walleye jiggin' gets me all horny to do some walleye jiggin'. Too much fun.

That steelie would be a great surprise too.

If I can ask, while you are drifting with the current I presume, what weights do you use to keep vertical on the Detroit?

5/8oz minimum but usually 3/4oz. Some guys use 1oz but I think that's a bit big.