CO on Lower Buckhorn

lew

We had dinner in Buckhorn last night and when we were leaving about 8:00 I saw a CO launching his boat in the extreme NW corner of Lower Buckhorn Lake.

Guess he was gonna look for anyone fishing pickerel before mid-night and sure was nice to see them on the water.

I have invited our local Co, Luke, to ride in my boat anytime and use our place for pit stops or docking! Very nice young man with really tough job to do.

When I lived in French River the local CO at the time was Harold Cheley, we were the first in our area to get CB radios so we spent a lot of time talking and got to be quite good friends. There were a few times where I would go and watch hot spots for him in the spring and call it in if I saw anything suspicious. I wasn't allowed to do anything other than observe and report.

I remember one time he decided to check up on me just in case I was using the information so I could do some poaching LOL. It was cool, I was legit but it sure scared the crap out of me when all of a sudden in the middle of the night a flash light comes shining in your car window out in the middle of nowhere.

Only people that have a problem with most COs are the ones that deserve to have a problem!

I'm wondering if this will be the 3rd year in a row I get pulled over on Balsam.

The past 2 years being the slowest boat on the lake I'm an easy target while the sea-doo's try to break the water speed record around me.

Maybe I'll bring an extra coffee out with me while I'm floating around Ant Island...

Edited by Raycaster

Lemme guess Lew...dinner at the Cody Inn...

Maribeth and I dined there on Thursday evening after my appointment with my nephrologist in P'Boro...

We were thinking of trying Sunset Dining Room after gassing up at curve lake ($0.949) but no one was home...

It is under new management so we wanted to give them a try before we recommended them to our relatives and friends...

You woulda thought the person at the gate would have told us they were closed...Grrrrrr

Lemme guess Lew...dinner at the Cody Inn...

You've got it Norm, couple times a month for us in the summer. Nice now too as they've got the canopy up over the deck and food is always better when your looking over the lake. :D

Best lemon chicken around as far as I'm concerned.