snowmobile trailer help

I know this was recently covered for a haul trailer but here is my question

For trailering 2 snowmobiles of a distance of occassionally 100 km one way and usually no more than 50 km one way (the majority of time) and over a paved road which can be bouncy in spots would we be better going with an aluminum trailer or a heavier steel trailer.

We currently have a double wide tilt trailer trailer but I find it a pain to load or unload.

We are wanting to get a fixed flat trailer with a loading ramp

I like the idea of the aluminum trailer only because when the sleds are off it would be easier to maneuver around the yard

Thx

John

Get an enclosed trailer. A flat trailer with a ramp leaves your machines out in the elements. Even with covers on, they still get covered in crap off the road. That stuff kills your machines.

Enclosed trailer also doubles as off season dry storage for them.

They cost more, but protect your investment.

I like galvanized myself, but lots of buddies have the aluminum sled trailers and seem to like them. We have a 6x12 aluminum landscape trailer at work that has had issues with welds cracking. I dont trust the trailer myself. Feel like im just waiting for the next thing to break on it while im going down the hwy.

Aluminum does corrode with road salt too.

A good galvanized enclosed trailer is what I would be looking for.

S.

Sinker, we don't have any of that crap on our roads up here that yooze guys in Ontario do.

I agree with the steel over aluminum for durability. Especially on our frost heaved roads and the portages through the bush on our ice roads.

If I had the $$$ to run out and buy a trailer better than the home made job I run it would be similar to this but steel.

I like the drive on/drive off trailers. Enclosed trailers that they seem to sell out West are big $$$ and take up a lot of room.

b07c3.jpg

If or when you find your next trailer and if it's in need of painting; check out what media blasting & powder coating would cost you. Powder coating done properly is just about bullet proof.

I just had this pump coated and I had to use a file to get some of it off, so the parts would fit properly and I stll didn't get back down to bare metal.

$_27.JPG

image1 (1).jpeg