Dacre Ontario... West of Renfrew

mike rousseau

Good day

So my cousin is getting married and lives in Dacre Ontario just west of Renfrew....

This is around 3 hours from home so to help justify the trip I was thinking about taking my boat and making it a 2-3 day trip and get some fishing in...

It's the last weekend of July...

So I was wondering if anyone could recommend a lake or river close by where we might get into some decent fishing... I love walleye but bass, pike and maybe even trolling lakers would be fun too...

If push comes to shove I can hit the Ottawa river as well...

Like everyone says I'm not looking for secret spots... Lol... And PMs are welcome for privacy...

I'd prefer to stay within an hour of Dacre

Thanks everyone

Edited by Mike Rousseau

I'd say try the Ottawa river. Launch at Arnprior and you'll have lots of river in both directions.

There's a good musky fishery in that area, concentract at the mouths of the feeder rivers. I haven't fished for bass or walleye in this area but I'm sure they are there .

What Wallyboss said with Muskrat, or quite close to Dacre with places to stay as well is Lake Clear. A 40+ inch pike was caught there this season through the ice, and it's historically had big fish. There's also plenty walleyes and BIG smallies, and some lakers may still be kicking around.

Mike hit the Ottawa river man !!! Been going there well over 20yrs !!! It's only a short drive and never know a fish of a lifetime could be yours !!! My choice would be clear ..... But yes lots of options in the area like the guys stated above but being that close to the mighty Ottawa go for it !!!!!

Fish-on :))