Fish ate my transducer!!

limeyangler

Hi all,

Went fishing for an hour in front of the house tonight and the weirdest thing happened. I was slowly lifting and lowering my transducer down the side of the hole to establish ice thickness, kind of like a jigging motion when something grabbed hold of it and started to swim off!! The pull lasted only a matter of seconds, but it was definitely a fish….CRAZY!

Got the transducer back, no obvious teeth marks that I could notice, but that certainly has never happened to me before.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

I used to go salmon fishing on a Huron trib at around 3AM to get a good spot for first light. I would chuck glow spoons for a bit. When I got sick of casting I would switch rods and float fish with a thrill float with an LED light in it. So after about an hour of chucking spoons and no action I put on a roe bag and started drifting.

Second cast something smashed the hell out of the float and it disappeared for about 10 seconds. I have caught lots of fish on it and you can always see the light when it has been pulled under the water. NOT that night LOL. I didn't have another hit until about 10 minutes after daylight either? The float was all scraped up no real teeth marks though.