Six Mile Lake Report

nomadfisher

Sunday, Jun 3, 07... back to Six Mile Lake, one of my

favorites.

Been going there for years, but this time, I tried out a new bay that I had never been to.

Very productive...

I had always found it to be one of the most consitant lakes. There are quite a few areas

producing pike and bass.

I got there early evening and cruised around a bit. Hit the bay 'round 7:00pm and noticed

in 6 ' of water, large clumps of 'stand up' cabbage weeds.

Tossed in the Mepps Bucktail spinner ( bucktail spinners are probably my favorite pike presentation )

and had my breath taken away with a rapid flash of silver hitting the lure.

They seemed to be very active, and one went crazy when hooked. After three landed & released with a few

miscelaneous missed strikes later, I fooled around with some other baits. These included a 'walk the dog' jointed bait, large plastic jigs and various crank bait. None produced very well, with the large jigs only getting a couple of bass, promply released.

Returning to the bucktail I started a retreive, then let it sink into weed pockets like it was a jig. Following a deft, quick jerk, another pike hit.

I attached a pic of a typical fish. Since I haven't rigged up a cool camera jig like some of the guys and was fishing alone, the fish is dangling somewhat unceremoniously on the end of the rod.

IMG_4413res.jpg

Also got some pics of a heron fishing .

IMG_4921res.jpg

IMG_4922res.jpg

Nomad

• 2 weeks later...