Smitty to go taking shape

misfish

Since I sold my caddy smitty to a board member here,I was without a pulling/towing, transportation for late ice perch outings. So I thought what the heck,lets whip one up and see how my first,smitty to go, would handle.( step one of many) It,s nothing like my first creation. I made it simple. Simple is best some times.

Conditions were ice and slush with pressure cracks to go over. I again, made this smitty for the walker,but also added some support for pulling behind a machine if need be. No tow bar,just some rope spaced out over 28". I knew there would be no snow to worry about,so made the skis slim. I used hockey board, which I ripped down to 1.5 " wide. It slid on the ice and pavement with ease, loaded with all my gear.

We towed it probly 5-7 km, and it survived just fine. Bit of paint rash,but it was just brushed on the day before for looks.

002p.jpg

003p.jpg

004p.jpg

005p.jpg

Slides right in the back box with ease.

006p.jpg

Nice perchie buddy

001p.jpg

Looks like a couple more weeks of perch,n, if work don,t get in the way.

Edited by Brian B

Cool little sleigh! Looks nice and light. 5-7km is a good work out! Or did you guys take a machine?

Nice tank there Terry! Do I recolonize that spot? I'm going out Saturday, not sure where though.

Some of the cracks are starting to make my :asshat: pucker a little bit.

Thanks

Like I said, it was just whipped together to give me a start at what I leaning towards. It,s got to be made so it breaks down for those that have small cars.

Looks good B.

The breaking down is an awesome idea. I wish you luck with it. I'm sure lot's of apartment dwellers with limited storage space will appreciate that feature as well. Just make sure it's easy to break down in the cold....or people will use it once....get frustrated....and curse you forever...lol.

Saw this guy tonight on the "Daily Planet" show. Pretty cool idea. Perfect set up for ya here BB . Gets you to your spot, and you and Terry can have Nazcar snow races while you wait for the tip ups to fire :)

http://www.gizmag.com/ice-auger-go-kart/35451/

We worked on it a while back. LOL

https://youtu.be/KC4vkQ0m_YI

Edited by Brian B