Wabigoon Lake, Ice shack fishing report.

limeyangler

Hi all,

Been a busy winter and only just managed to get the shack out last week. I only just managed to get one hole inside the shack done, either gonna have to get an extension for the auger extension or the farm jack to take it off the blocks, drill, and get them back under again….plenty of ice despite the mild winter.

The Ice Road is not exactly the fishing hotspot of the region, but the walleye are around, albeit mostly small ones. Great place to hang out with family and friends though!

Jack was really poorly that morning and I had a day off. By 10am Jack said he was bored, he made a miraculous recovery when I suggested the shack!

We took the skidoos down and had a blast enjoying all things iceshacky. Lunch was simple but fun, the shack was warm and we even had a a few missed bites and steady action for 45 minutes from 3pm. Finally landed one inside the shack, Jack got it and was all smiles!

That's Awesome!

Thanks man. He loves the shack, have to say that makes me happy.

Frig Simon your one heck of a dad

Awesome lil video and you can just tell how proud of a father you are!

That sled is killer, Jack handles it like a seasoned veteran.

this kid is gonna be quite the person as he grows... you guys raise him proper as f...

Thanks Rick, he is getting more confident on the sled for sure. He listens well and we have some good ground rules for riding…lol….and he knows he'll lose it if he breaks the rules!

Like.

LOL…thanks Blair.

simply awesome Simon !!!

Thanks JDS, its family day next weekend and the ice carnival hits the ice road, we have prime position with the shack in the middle of it all. Should be a hoot!

Wicked!

Mind if I ask the rules? I bought my boy a ATV last year, and while I have what he says are "Anal" rules I have them in place for a reason...

• No moving off without my signal ( a quick 2 thumbs up).
  • No crossing any road, be it ice road or our driveway.
  • Never go down on the lake without me.
  • Stay off the septic and water line side of the house.
  • When we get to a road STOP….wait for the 2 thumbs up.
  • No following too close behind me….lol….I have 2 nice chunks out of the rear snow /mud guard.
  • No chasing the dog
  • Leave your visor up till we move off.
  • Always stop if you need to, I will wait or come over and see what is up.

I'm not that worried about speed as top whack is 8 mph, but its still fast enough to be worried about something hitting him or him losing control and hitting something else.