Camping Trip (Victoria Day Long Weekend) - PIC HEAVY!

Went camping with a few friends for the Victoria Day Long Weekend. Finally had time to get the pics together.

A little bit of fishing ... all on the shore ... just behind our campsite. Caught a few decent ones ... bass ... all photographed and released. A lot of bluegills ... all used to make soup.

Beautiful Sunset.

DSC01856.jpg

A nice family enjoying a little swim

b8b1re2.jpg

Terry's 2lb Smallie

bcb7re2.jpg

Freddy's 12" Crappie

c49are2.jpg

My 12oz Smallie

3093re2.jpg

My 2lb Bucketmouth (2 shots)

6855re2.jpg

6441re2.jpg

Our Catches ... all cut up and cleaned

DSC01804.jpg

DSC01710.jpg

3c21re2.jpg

Some of our catches ... in the pan ...

112cre2.jpg

In our soup ...

DSC01727.jpg

Wrapped by Bacon to go on the grill ...

DSC01810.jpg

Our drinks .... 5 cases (Saturday noon till Monday morning) ... plus 2 bottles of Canadian Club and 1 bottle of Chivas (mixed with Green Tea)!

DSC01826.jpg

Our fire ...

DSC01879.jpg

DSC01928.jpg

DSC01929.jpg

The Crew!

DSC01970.jpg

Edited by 98Fahrenheit

awesome pictures brother! I have never seen a bacon rapped fish quite like that! I will haveta give it a shot!! Looks yummie!

Did you not scale your fish prior to frying them whole? and if not were the scales bothersome? I ask because I would like to try it if that is the case.

Chrome Hen I cook my fish with the heads on often, especially with pike there is alot of meat in the head that you just suck out :) same goes with pickeral Mmmmm Cheeks!

Again awesome report and pictures! thanks for sharing.

Gerritt.

Good for your crew. Now I just have one question...why do you fry the fish with the heads still attached? Do you eat the heads? I'm being serious...I have never seen that before.

awesome pictures brother! I have never seen a bacon rapped fish quite like that! I will haveta give it a shot!! Looks yummie!

Did you not scale your fish prior to frying them whole? and if not were the scales bothersome? I ask because I would like to try it if that is the case.

Chrome Hen I cook my fish with the heads on often, especially with pike there is alot of meat in the head that you just suck out :) same goes with pickeral Mmmmm Cheeks!

Again awesome report and pictures! thanks for sharing.

Gerritt.

The fish were all scaled and then cut open to remove the gills and internal organs. Then cleaned with salt by rubbing the salt on the fish ... to get rid of the dirt on the skin and fins.

All the bluegills were fried slightly and then dumped into the pot to boil. We boiled it for about 3 hours .... with tomatoes, potatoes, onions .... everything melted .... the soup was awesome. added some black pepper as well.

Great report!

Bet that soup was good... never thought of Bluegill soup before. Mind you I bet anything tasted great after five case of beer and a couple of bottle of whisky!

Actually three bottles of whisky! Don't forget the Chivas! It was a blast!

Edited by 98Fahrenheit

Thanks for the report :) Nice size panfish there. Next time maybe I'll try your bacon wrap next time. Actually I've tried panfish soup made by my friend once before, but the problem was he forgot to cut open the fish and removed the internal organ....If we didn't find out about the problem, we would have said it taste pretty good....

Thanks for the report :) Nice size panfish there. Next time maybe I'll try your bacon wrap next time. Actually I've tried panfish soup made by my friend once before, but the problem was he forgot to cut open the fish and removed the internal organ....If we didn't find out about the problem, we would have said it taste pretty good....

After cleaning the fish ... sprinkle black pepper on the fish ... then use bacon strips to wrap around it ... loosely wrap foil around the fish ... put on a grill ... 15 minutes later ... dig in!!!

Guest Johnny Bass

Excellant Report! Looks like a great Camping trip! Oh and thanks for the blue gill soup recipe. Though I think I will try it with Perch or crappie!