cooking thread...

Ham, scalloped potatoes and fresh green beans tonight. No pictures, wife is here.......... :whistling:

I soaked the ham overnight in about a gallon of water, discarded that water, then did it in the slow cooker with a beer and about a quart or two of fresh water. The ham was not nearly as salty as usual, and was quite delectable. I am not sure if the quality control three or four slices constitutes a serving or not - but if yes, then I had four servings. <<<<<BURP>>>>>>>

Doug

Brian you could open a burger joint up here anytime :clapping:

Spiel I would give a trout for some of those sausage friend used to make some back east :worthy:

Shag u can never go wrong with ham and scallop taters :clapping:

AND RICK I AM GLAD U R EATING HEALTHY AGAIN :whistling: (look out Bullwinkle)

I was actually gonna tonfoil bag them with a lil butter and brown sugar lol but I got strapped for time(prepped everything to cook then found out my propane tank was emtpty, half hour drive to get it refilled.)

So in a rush I just sliced em and cooked as is.

Tasted verry nice on the pork!

I wanted to do VEGIE BBQ this weekend, but I just couldnt do without the meat.LOL

There was a great deal on a pork roast, (cant pass on that) It was $6. So my brain starts going and ok, I need some veggies. So grab a couple of small zookeynees and a couple small portobellos. Im now thinking about how to do the mushrooms. I wanted to make a escargo bake on them, so grab a ball of saputo mutza ball. Get the roast marinaded the day before. A dry rub of garlic,pepper and sea salt. Then rub in some wet.. All my mixes are never measured. just go with it. Stuffed 6 cloves of garlic in as well . BTW, It took all my strenght not to make a bacon blanket for this, I think the mrs,s was all baconed out.LOL

Here we start at 2pm.

BBQ temp is set at 250 deg. Place the roast on the cold side.

meat%20002_zpswhsphhnk.jpg

There is pleant of time for the rest of the prep, so play some online poker. Well that didnt go well today, so get back to prepping.

I picked up those meat pie tins at the dollar store. Perfect for my mushroon bake.

meat%20004_zpsjgmjxudk.jpg

Cover them up for some steaming.

meat%20005_zpsi3rpl3er.jpg

Once they are ready for the rest of the toppings,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, DANG I MISSED THIS. I thought I had a can of escargos, but I didnt. SOOOOOOOOOOO

Make a herb and butter mix and get over it and well,

meat%20008_zpsjxegjw3x.jpg

meat%20009_zps122j99op.jpg

Cover the tins again. Time for the zookeynee. Sitting in a bath of olive oil and salt pepper. On they go. Things are all coming together at the right time.

meat%20010_zpsw2jwpcwj.jpg

Time to pull off the pork to rest.

meat%20012_zpskqjlaazr.jpg

Shroom is ready

meat%20011_zpscpslxvit.jpg

The first slices and well it,s ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

meat%20014_zps3lcu5xwq.jpg

I am running into a proplem with all this cooking since my eye thing and staying home. Im putting on pounds. :wallbash: need to get :Gonefishing: LOL

meat%20016_zpshbakjnpe.jpg

Edited by Brian B

Holy moly brian! What a beautiful plate! Looks amazing

And here i just made some simple chilli and chips

20150803_180026_zpsybaayjc7.jpg

and ill never run outta propane again lol. Bought two new tanks for the rotation

Thats got ARGOSSSSSSSSSSSSS all over it.

Get the tanks that have a meter on them. ;)

Venison stew tonight - started with about four pounds of venison so it was good MEATY stew. :canadian:

Wife is on the phone so maybe I can sneak back upstairs and take a photo without her asking me what the hell I am doing taking pictures of the food again.... :dunno:

Doug

Venison stew tonight - started with about four pounds of venison so it was good MEATY stew. :canadian:

Im all over that Doug. What would you want for trade? Dont say wifes, cuz we would both be in the dog house no matter.LOL

back to Brian, if I ever get down your way again I would be pleased to bring you some. It would be a small token of my esteem for that video about bacon weaving (which I have yet to try, but am confident I can do now!)

Doug

back to Brian, if I ever get down your way again I would be pleased to bring you some. It would be a small token of my esteem for that video about bacon weaving (which I have yet to try, but am confident I can do now!)

Doug

You seem to have a good friend not to far from me. A good friend of mine aswell. I would be more then willing to share many more with you . :canadian:

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well in this case it's all the same word, mmmmmm, a thousand times, every time I get to savour the wonderful taste of home grown garlic, and not that china crap from the grocers. For any of you who who don't grow your own, you really should try it. It's quite simple, and very rewarding.

IMG_0644_zpsm0k9yvw6.jpg

Cheers