cooking thread...

Tks manitoubass2. Do you have a favorite among those three. How hot are those recipes anyway? I don't have a problem with heat but don't want it to overpower the dish.

I've also been googling marinated spiced olives. Lots of variations out there. Most of them call for refrigeration while marinating or at most a few days at room temp. I'm still a bit leery of using fresh garlic in oil at room temp for long periods but obviously you've done it before with no probs so I'll give it a shot. I'm really looking forward to trying these but I don't know how long I'll be able to wait lol. Tks again for the idea.

Cheers

Ive never had a problem with it being stored in the cool basement. Refridgerate it if you want, id hardly doubt it will make much differenece. And when I say basement im talking root cellar.

My favorite by far is number 3.

And my favorite way to eat them outside of straight up lol, is sliced in half on a homemade pizza with a nice mozza and whatever ingredients you enjoy on pizza

And no prob!

Just remember to turn them while storing!!!

Edited by manitoubass2

One last question lol. I'm not familiar with jalapeno garlic. An on line search comes up with sauces for the most part. Could you clarify that for me? Tks.

Cheers

Lol, i never noticed that

Just a typo.

Use minced garlic

And use diced jalepenos, two seperate ingredients. Add habeneros too if ya like hot!

Good eyes!???

Im making 8kgs on tuesday. Trust me its better to make lots. These things go good on almost everything(if ya like olives)

Edited by manitoubass2

Pork shoulder in the crockpot!

3 cups of vinegar, 3 cups of ketchup, 3 cups brown sugar.

Added some worscheshire, cracked black pepper, sea salt, onion powder, two whole onions, 6 cloves of garlic, two tablespoons of minced garlic,and just a lil chilli flake

As soon as it gets to a boil ill add in some bourbon.

Then its low and slow. Be ready about 9 tonight?

Edited by manitoubass2

Forgot to take pics

Think ill make crab cakes tonight

Rick the pork shoulder sounds great, sounds like alot of vinigar, does it neutralize itself out with the other ingredients, and how long in the cooker?

SAVE a couple of crab cakes lol did that recipe of yours on new years eve OMG mmmmmmmmmm

Rick the pork shoulder sounds great, sounds like alot of vinigar, does it neutralize itself out with the other ingredients, and how long in the cooker?

SAVE a couple of crab cakes lol did that recipe of yours on new years eve OMG mmmmmmmmmm

Nah man the vinegar gives it that tang. Have you ever had a nice pulled pork sandwich? That sauce gotta be tangy and sweet not savoury.

And then add some coleslaw on top, mmmmmm

This is basically a modified vwrsion of my ribs that spiel tried and liked although he modified it abit as well.

I added some beef broth after dinner and kept the sauce going, so a nice beef tip can go in tomorrow. Gotta mellow out the tangy for beef. Beef IMO calls for more savoury of a sauce. I also added about 5-6 onions

Pretty much an experiment ill let ya know how it goes.

Oh and I did the pork maybe 8 hours for 6lbs. Im not sure really? I just kinda wing it

I've got a pork shoulder in slow cooker right now.

I like to cook it in Rickards Red beer but today it's cooking in Dr Pepper with onions,garlic & assorted spices.

When it is ready to be pulled I discard most of the Dr Pepper & add bbq sauce,My Gr Kids are going to be here later & I know they like Honey & Garlic so that's what they will get.

I've got a pork shoulder in slow cooker right now.

I like to cook it in Rickards Red beer but today it's cooking in Dr Pepper with onions,garlic & assorted spices.

When it is ready to be pulled I discard most of the Dr Pepper & add bbq sauce,My Gr Kids are going to be here later & I know they like Honey & Garlic so that's what they will get.

?

Dont discard the sauce though, keep it!!!!

I finally have the hunger for a good feed. So like my banquet cheese burger roll, I have made a turkey club roll. Pretty much the same way to make, except the one main ingredient.

The only savory I use.

savoury_150.jpg

I added that to the meat blend . The rest is the same as before,except more filling and some fried srhooms.

Once it,s ready to eat, the slices will be smoothered in a savory cream sauce. It will be joined with some sliced baked candied yams and broccollie.

It was a bit of a challange making today with just one good eye. Got frustrated a bit, then relaxed and got it done.

turkey%20club%20roll%20001_zpsybnzods1.j

turkey%20club%20roll%20002_zpserytl6sr.j

turkey%20club%20roll%20003_zpsn3kjqzx2.j

turkey%20club%20roll%20004_zpsdvmggc7k.j

There ya go John, now get back to the kitchen.LOL

Edit to add

I was thinking of putting a bread stuffing in it. Thought maybe it would come out mushy. Food for thought though for next time.

Edited by Brian B

LOL too funny, Brian I had responded to the step ups for your truck and added a note about waiting to see a post of your Sunday culinary creation, then I came to this thread and what do we see LOL LOL your masterpiece, good thing I already had tucked the napkin in my shirt

Brian I cant weave bacon like that , you need to make a video

My friend , quick question did u buy the turkey already ground or do u do it yourself and how long in the oven and what temp

It looks awesome

John

Be positive B)

quick question did u buy the turkey already ground

Yes. Todays price was cheap. I cant believe though how much it can compare to ground beef now. Use to be so cheap to buy.

and how long in the oven and what temp

Oh sir, bite your toung. It goes on the BBQ, indirect heat at 275 for 3- 3.5 hours. I just finished a nice glaze to put over it about a half hour ago.

The yams will be soaked in water and seas salt for about an hour, then put in a dish, covered with brown sugar then put in the BBQ as well. About a half hour before the roast of beast is done.

Now drool on that and get another napkin. LOL

Yes indeed, a how-to-lace up the bacon tutorial would be welcome!!! Any time I have wrapped something in bacon it involved toothpicks. LOTS of toothpicks.

Tonight's menu is venison top round roast, my favourite of the deer roasts. But you won't be seeing any pictures, given that my good wife will be joining me for dinner and she still finds it highly unusual that people would take pictures of their meals and post it (on a FISHING website) for others to see.................. :whistling:

But please bring on the bacon basket weave instructions!

Doug

Yes indeed, a how-to-lace up the bacon tutorial would be welcome!!! Any time I have wrapped something in bacon it involved toothpicks. LOTS of toothpicks.

Tonight's menu is venison top round roast, my favourite of the deer roasts. But you won't be seeing any pictures, given that my good wife will be joining me for dinner and she still finds it highly unusual that people would take pictures of their meals and post it (on a FISHING website) for others to see.................. :whistling:

But please bring on the bacon basket weave instructions!

Doug

Ya gotta pay to play Shag??

I have a shredded partridge/wildrice stew on now thats about ready?

Cool part is all I did was supervise and shred the partridge!(even though I normally just chunk it)

My daughter did 90% of the work and it looks fantastic!

She wants to practise for when grandma arrives lol, "sure sweetie, you can cook and do dishes"! Lol

I normally chunk and put the partdrige in right away, but she suggested we par boil in chicken stock.

"Ok sweetie, its your dish"

Lets see how it turns out

Edited by manitoubass2