cooking thread...

Some one else must have this happen :tease:we boil the eggs, run them under cold water for a couple of minutes and then crack the schell all the way around ,,,,,But some schells just fall off the egg but others have that membrane cling to the egg like glue even when they were done at the same time, WHY ? A dozen eggs turns out to be 8 lol

My wife thinks its a conspiracy by egg farmers to have u buy more lol

Any eggggspert advice

For ease of peeling do not use fresh (one week or less) eggs. Fresh eggs are almost impossible to peel without destroying them. When buying eggs for boiling, look for some that are around a week or so before the best before date. No difference in taste for a boiled egg; fresh eggs are what we all want and the best for frying or mixing into recipes. The rule of thumb for eggs being "OK" is 5 weeks in a fridge; that's if it didn't already have salmonella from the chicken that laid it. Cooking/boiling usually kills it so there not much worry; in the small amount that my be there. Salmonella in the egg's shell cannot grow in the fridge; but eggs do dry out if kept to long.

An easy test if the egg is still good; is to fill a large bowl with water, drop the raw egg in. If it sinks it's good; if you get a floater throw it out.

Dan.

Dan D thank you as well for an interesting read, it was just one of those questions u were afraid to ask on this thread, but what u say makes perfect sense, we will check the dates more carefully as to what eggs we will use for what purpose, also I really appreciate your comment about the egg floating or sinking, great advice,,,my son started laughing when I forwarded this question but even he learned something :tease:like my father used to say ,,there is no such thing as a dumb question, I have come out of my schell, I feel so much better,now I gotta go get me some more eggs

cheers or should I say aregggggavarchy

For hard-boiled eggs I drain off the hot water, run cold water into the pot, wait a few minutes and replace that water with more cold water, etc for about fifteen minutes. In general, they peel quite nicely...............

Funny, guess there is more then one way to peel an egg lol

I like peeling mine still hot, and they never look like mr blizzards ???