Honeymoon fishing...

spanky

So the wife dragged me on a fishing honeymoon.... geeesh... anyways, we went to the Temagami area to Ravenscroft lodge on Jumping Caribou lake, upon getting there (a day early) we settled in and relaxed for the night... i will include the honeymoon pics at the bottom of the post...

Day 1: had breakfast (didn't have to cook a thing all trip, meals were taken care of), wifey decided she wanted to do some touristy stuff.... so a 25min drive later we arrived in Temagami to piddle around the shops and stuff... stopped at the tackle shop (Dad's) on our way in, talked to the owner and he said "wow, tough lake to fish..." oh great i thought this'll be interesting, guy at the Gramp's tackle shop said the same thing, so i was discouraged a bit, haven't been north in about 10yrs and never fished this area, and am not a walleye fisherman- if there's no weeds, i'm usually pretty lost lol.... oh well, not there to fish a whole lot anyways... snapped a few pics while in Temagami...

Then naturally the wifey got on this kick about seeing a moose, so 50km's later down this gravel backroad in a dodge neon we see this...

100_0205Medium.jpg

yep, a ground hog... not even close to resembling the moose, but hey whatever right.... also found this neat little spot...

100_0215Medium.jpg

Day 2: saw a bit of fishing, 4hrs worth, the most we did in a day i think, played around the lake snapped a few more pics of the scenery

100_0326Medium.jpg

During lunch i played around trying to get a pic of these little guys...

100_0373Medium.jpg

while doing so... we hear something that's not quite bird like... landed about 200ft from our cabin lol

100_0451Medium.jpg

hpim0759Medium.jpg

our sunset looked something like this... from the boat

100_0234Medium.jpg

100_0463Medium.jpg

and from the cabin...

100_0473Medium.jpg

Day 3: total write off, we had rain on Day 2 and had to pick our spots for getting out, but day 3 was t-storms all day long= no fishing... but we did go moose hunting (camera only, wife had never seen one) with SUCCESS lol... look very close and you can see a moose's ass... 2 of them were standing along side HWY 11 in a marshy area, one staring at us and the other walking away, guess which one the wifey took pics of ::)

100_0479Medium.jpg

Day 4: well, finally some success, again 2 t-storms rolled through... 1 first thing in the morning and one later at night, so we headed out in the sunshine in the late morning and again for an hour after lunch... and the results were...

100_0659Medium.jpg

100_0662Medium.jpg

the only 2 fish of the trip, which she caught, the big one came home and the small one swam away, despite the wifey trying to eat it raw lol....

and our last night...

100_0681Medium2.jpg

that concluded the honeymoon... was awesome to get away, wifey didn't wanna come home... our hosts were incredible, food was awesome (despite the fact that the servings were HUUUUGE lol), cabins were above par and the area was beautiful... big thanks to Joe and Julie the owners of the lodge, their hospitality was 2nd to none!!... will hopefully be retuning this september for some more fishing and more relaxing!!

more random pics...

100_0467Medium.jpg

100_0516Medium.jpg

sorry if the pic quality is off, was learning to use the camera on fully manual... think i did okay lol

and for what took place at the after fishing party.... if you cannot see the pics you are either too young or not mature enough to see them LOL j/k

redxdance.gif

Edited by phat bassturd

Congratulations!!! Marriage can be a wonderful thing! Thanks for sharing your pictures, I really enjoyed them. Temagami looks like a beautiful place for a honeymoon and there were even 2 fish caught!!!

Bly

Intersting ... it looks like the lady's fish is a tad bit bigger than the one you're holding. That's good thou ... keep 'em happy. Congrats on your marriage and many happy years together. Nice report bud.

Edited by Rich Clemens

Great trip to go on your Honeymoon.Great pictures ,wildlife and sunsets.Hope to see many more reports .

Now stop fiddling with the camera and catch some fish it seems the better half knows how to to that well :whistling:

MTP :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Edited by Mike the Pike

Thanks for the kind words everyone!!

you have no idea how hard it was... well it was fine, now i won't live the "i out fished you" ever lol

was a great trip with a great gal... she's actually holding both fish... all i got to do was this lol

100_0327Medium.jpg

It was my first time north in exactly 10yrs... last time was with my fishing mentor, my grandfather(more like a father as he raised me), after he passed in '99 i wasn't sure if i'd ever want to go back... but obviously we did, kinda like introducing my wife to him ya' know? he passed in June of '99 and almost a year to the day i met my wife.... dang, never looked at it like that LOL

Will be more reports this coming summer as i'm 100% healed after wrist surgery in '05.. gotta make up for some lost fishing time!!

I'm learning on a Koday P850... with a B+W circular polarizer, the next step is a Nikon SLR i'm looking at.. shhh haven't told the wife yet lol

Looks like my kind of honeymoon.

You're a lucky guy to have a wife who enjoys the outdoors.

My wife won't go in our yard after dark because there's been some

viscious killer racoons hanging around. :rolleyes:

It was soooo funny, the night before we left she was actually quite upset we had to come home, she's 25yo (for the last 5yrs lol) now and talking about retiring to the north, and she's already making plans to head back up in september!!... she's a country girl at heart tho, got married on her old farm and for the wedding pics we took a hay ride lol.... think i'm the luckiest man in the world!!

I did let the Nikon camera purchase slip... and well, let's say it's new to the market and i will be getting at DSLR when it comes down to a price i like lol

thanks everyone!!