Last fish for 2014

misfish

The last two days of nice cold temps,i had to get my last day of the year fish in. Way to cold for the river,so headed to the local pond for a few hours. Getting on was a bit scetchy. Lots of wet spots. 15 minutes from the lake,we got a dusting of snow. The pond got 6".

Made our way out slowly with our pics at the ready,.chipping and walking and drilling holes. Got as far as we needed to be and set up camp. Further out,we could see lots of wet spots.

One fella walking out with just a bomber jacket and jeans, found out why we stopped where we did. He went through. He got out and made his way to shore. Why people still go out dressed like that is beyond me.

Got to try out my new Mr. Buddy heater. Why I had not bought one of these a long time ago is beyond me. Hub was banked, heater on low. tunes playing and I was sitting a pool. I love it. Well not the pool part as it gets slippery in there.LOL

Water was cloudy and fish were not that active. Managed a tiny perch and a snot rocket.

icelittle31-12-14001_zpsf16d3438.jpg

icelittle31-12-14005_zpsf44abca2.jpg

icelittle31-12-14006_zpsd222572e.jpg

Last time I looked,that angler was in a hub,not sure what happen,,,,,,,, :whistling: He sure can move fast though for an old fella. :ninja:

icelittle31-12-14007_zps924066b7.jpg

So thats the end of 2014 for me. 2015 is only hours away and the fun will keep on going.

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL AND TO YOURS.

PLAY SAFE OUT THERE

nice job there! ice looks under 6"? at least buddy didn't become a statistic, scary stuff

my last 2014 was also a snot rocket...and I also got lazy and didn't anchor, wind came out of nowhere but managed to grab on during "lift off"

dropped/kicked my rod down the hole but recovered it pretty quickly in shallow water