Technology is SO frustrating!!!!!!

Big Cliff

Sue has a Kobo, an iPad Mini and an iPhone. She likes to read books and gets them downloaded from the library HOWEVER; she wants to be able to sync them through all three divices using an app called Overdrive.

SOOOOOO I set up a Gmail account and install it on all three but for some reason Gmail won't recognize the password on the Kobo. I have turned it off, powered it down, deleated the account, re established the account re entered the password and it keeps telling me the password is not valid! (works on the other two divices)

I HATE TECHNOLIGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE if one of you techey guys can resolve this issue for me (and make my wife happy) I will be indebeted to you FOREVER!!!!!

(oh, and I don't mean tell me how to do it, just come and do it!!!!) My next step will be to; well, we don't want to go there!

I don't understand. What does Overdrive have to do with a Gmail account? I know the Kobo web browser is somewhat new and probably buggy as heck. I haven't really used it though. It's probably something silly like Cap Locks anyway.

If you're trying to access Google Play to get the Overdrive app, you don't need to. Download the app from app.overdrive.com instead as per the instructions here: http://help.overdrive.com/customer/portal/articles/1481528 and

http://help.overdrive.com/#videos?kobotablets

Trying to sync anything is a real pain, especially if you're using different operating systems.

PLEASE if one of you techey guys can resolve this issue for me (and make my wife happy) I will be indebeted to you FOREVER!!!!!

(oh, and I don't mean tell me how to do it, just come and do it!!!!) My next step will be to; well, we don't want to go there!

Is The lake is not frozen :)

Try unleaded gas with Seafoam! Cliff at this time of year it all comes out of the closet!

I loaded a 32 GB card with 2700 pictures. I want to display on a picture frame thingy. I get the message NO CARD! I take it out and insert another card and off it goes, mind you it only has a few pics . . .

Please note that this sync will ONLY work for books purchased from Kobo and that are part of your Kobo library. Books that have been "side-loaded" (added using iTunes, Dropbox, Safari, or any other method that allows you add a book to the Kobo app) will NOT sync their bookmarks between devices.

Is The lake is not frozen :)

Try unleaded gas with Seafoam! Cliff at this time of year it all comes out of the closet!

I loaded a 32 GB card with 2700 pictures. I want to display on a picture frame thingy. I get the message NO CARD! I take it out and insert another card and off it goes, mind you it only has a few pics . . .

many android system can not recognize big capacity cards..

Syncing the kobo with overdrive downloaded library .epub or .mobi files is UGLY, (you know this already).

It requires adobe Digital Rights management setup properly on your laptop/pc/kobo.

Once you are able to get overdrive setup properly you still need the Adobe DRM account proper and probably windows media player updated with the latest DRM. Syncing purchased ebook from kobo is fairly easily to sync but unfortunately the transfer for library to laptop to kobo with DRM ebooks is a nightmare with very little information available. Even visiting the library looking for help will probably be fruitless due to the various DRM hoops needed to jump that are out of the librarian's grasp.

Of course I would not suggest to you to find a geek friend to download the un-drm files for you to easily within 2 minutes sync with Calibre.

I wish I could help more but when your overdrive/adobe drm/gmail/email account are set you should be pretty close.

Oh, I did manage to get the Kobo and the iPad Mini to sync without too much problem, the problem I am having now is I can't get the iPhone to sync too. I am wondering if it might be because she doesn't have a data plan on her phone.

I did down load Overdrive right from their site and we have no problems borrowing books from the library and she can read them on both her Kobo and iPad Mini no problem and they sync beautifully.

As for the Gmail account, I was told that I needed to have the same email account on Overdrive and each of the Apple devices for them to sync properly. The problem I am having is that when I try to set up the Email on her phone it keeps telling me I have entered the wrong password. (I KNOW it is the same one I used on the iPad Mini).

Could the problem be a lack of a data plan on her phone?