tv experts need help

bow slayer

decided to go out and buy a new 60 inch samsung plasma tv yesterday to replace my 4 year old 50 inch samsung plasma,which i was planning on giving to my son. The 4 year old tv never had a problem with it ever. Well it was working fine right up to the point of turning it off to move it to place new in its place. Now for some reason the old tv will not turn on,no red light on when plugged in. It worked perfectly until we moved it. We never turned it on its side or banged it,just moved it and plugged it in and now it is dead.what the hell. Just wondering if anyone might know an answer,or if it is something that can be repaired reasonably?

seeing how plasma is a gas based unit let it sit for a few days and try it again. Could be as simple as a fuse too. Hate to see you dump a TV for a simple reason like a fuse. Google is better based on your model number to find answers than this fishing site...

yes tried google and found some possibilites,hoping someone on here had a similar issue.

Yes got a great deal on a plasma,love them,wish they were not discontinuing them,thats why I grabbed one now,much better picture then the LCDs,LEDs

Edited by bowslayer

The one thing I would recommend with the plasma's is to get the extended warranty, I bought a Panasonic a couple of years ago and have a burn in , the technician's are coming to look at it tomorrow, in the middle of the screen in shows 'smart vierra' but only with the lighter colours.Hopefully the warranty covers this.

• 2 weeks later...

The one thing I would recommend with the plasma's is to get the extended warranty, I bought a Panasonic a couple of years ago and have a burn in , the technician's are coming to look at it tomorrow, in the middle of the screen in shows 'smart vierra' but only with the lighter colours.Hopefully the warranty covers this.

Well after looking at the TV, they agreed you could see the words 'smart vierra as well as two lines at the top and bottom of the screen, it was covered by my extended warranty at Best Buy, I received my original purchase price plus taxes back and bought another TV. I did not get the eco-fee back or the money I paid for the warranty but I think I was treated pretty good and highly believe in warranties for electronics.

sorry this is not what the original poster asked but thought I would post what happened to my TV.

All of the above suggestions are valid. I'd also check the outlet with one of those 3 pronged testers to see if it is grounded properly or the polarity of the plug was correct. Had that happen a few times.

Had an outlet that one of the contacts wasn't connecting firmly enough. The plug seemed very loose. Changed the outlet and all was good.

If you are using a power bar, try a direct connection first. It may be the power bar itself.

Try the simple solutions first.

Edited by muddler