Other Tire Question

wallyboss

I have a 2007 RAM TRX4 Quad Cab. I am looking at Goodyear Duratracs 275/55R20 but what is stopping me is that size does not have an LT or P in front of the numbers. I looked at the Load capacity for them compared to some LT275/70R17 and they are the same. Just wondering if these new tires would be okay for my truck??

what I found on a Website was "We recommend staying within 3% difference from overall diameter of your original (OEM) tire size when selecting an alternative size"

And the difference that I got was -0.77 %

I used http://tireconvert.com/

Edited by wallyboss

you are aware that you will need a 20" rim for those duratracs right? the stockers are 17" wheels. if you have the rims, then those duratracs will be slightly smaller than the stock size. they'll fit fine but my personal prefernce is to go slightly bigger than slightly smaller. you could easily get away with a 285/55/20 or a 275/60/20

I think every 1/2 ton I've owned.. GMC or Ford ... since 1995 has had P rated tires on it.. Goodyear Wranglers.. Michelins.. Ameritracs.. The only time the tire shop went "we should have put LT's on that" was when I told them I plow with my '98... for the stiffer side walls of an LT to carry the blade weight.

Edited by irishfield