How about the Lowrance Mark 4 fish finder.

davey buoy

Comes with built in gps,not color,and chip.Are they worth a look at?.On sale for less than half price. May need to jump on this fast,but would appreciate your input first.It's up to you guys lol.Could make a nice Christmas gift to myself lol.

Edited by davey buoy

I thought the mark 4 was gray scale

I must be thinking of a different one

Definitely not color Terry,my mistake I think ,looked at it on the bench ,had a color front on it I'm now thinking.Too bad,was ready to jump on it for the price if any good.

Edited by davey buoy

That one is 300 and change at radio world.

Not color,that was what I took for granted,can get it for almost half that Brian.Already have a gray scale humming bird in the 3-$400 price range.Deciding if the built in GPS and North America chip would still be worth it?

Colour is really really nice to have, but for under $100? How bad could it be?

Yes colour .

Im not sure how the flasher will work with out it? Fish moves in it,s red, and when it,s right on the bait,it goes green. Or is that green first then red ? I havent used mine in a month.LOL

Bring on the ice.

i still use a monochrome on the front of my boat and on the ice. i have no issue with it, tells you the depth, you can see your lure and the lakers chasing it on the screen.

i say go for it. colour is a nice-to-have but a bit overstated IMO.

I have colour, and monochrome, they both work just as well. I actually prefer the monochrome because the battery will last for days.

As long as you can mark bottom, fish, and your jig, your doing the same thing any other high end expensive unit is. You don't need anything fancy IMO.

S.