Tire opinion nf

Freshtrax

The perrelli scorpions they put on the F150s were an embarrassment.

Mine were cracked to rat poop after 4 years and less than 35,000 k.m.

Having said that I put on Wrangler Duratracs. Not the cheapest out there but great reviews and locally supported by Currie Tire which is a great business.

The perrelli scorpions they put on the F150s were an embarrassment.

Mine were cracked to rat poop after 4 years and less than 35,000 k.m.

There are no laws here in North America in regards too the age of a tire. I believe there are in some European Countries; that a tire 5 years old or more, cannot be sold as new and a tire that is 5 years old must come off the vehicle.

So just because a tire has never been used, doesn't mean they are NEW tires.

What I'm trying to say is that the tires that went on Dutch's vehicle could have sat on the shelf for 4 or more years before they were installed on the vehicle?

When I order tires into the shop that are "on sale" I always check the date code and I have sent tires back because they were 3 or more years old. I don't want customers coming back to me in a year or so and say look at the weather cracks in the tires I sold them; let alone the safety issues with old tires.

Here's an example of a date code that can be found on most tires that are sold here in North America.

Dan.

dotcode2.jpg

i've run the bfg all terrains for years on all my vehicles and i live up a goat path bush road thats pretty gnarly with steep icy hills. They have just come out with new redesigned all terrains called the ko2s. You can probably pick up a set of the originals for cheap since the new ones are out.
i have a buddy with the generals and he likes them good overall tire nothing real fancy. Alot of guys are going with the duratracs and they get great reviews but they are pricey.

Well I lucked out I guess. I got the crappy tire flyer and duratracs we're buy 3 get one free. I go into the store and had him check the grabbers and he had a set on the shelf.the kid looked In the computer and one store had a set Marked clearance 40% off so he price matched them. 766$. Installed taxes included. There getting installed on wed. I will post a review in the next few months. Thanks everyone for their input and opinions.

Edited by Freshtrax

Thanks, I ended up ordering the BFG AT anyhow. I think they will last longer than the duratrac from all I've heard about the duratracs. Apparently it's an amazing tire that wears out pretty quick! My last set of BFG's were on my old Chevy for years, and still going strong when I sold it!

Edited by porkpie