All about shore fishing this fall.

limeyangler

Hi all,

Not had the boat out at all since beginning of September, just been sticking to local shore spots. The fishing has been great though and no need to get the boat out really. Been enjoying the exercise too, as has my pup and loyal buddy Roloff (loyal buddies seem rare these days in my experience).

Went back to a spot we visited on the ice last winter with my wife and son. Last winter we started to build a 'fort' there and my son was anxious to finish the project. The lake is stocked with splake. I did not catch any on the ice so decided to bring a rod and try from shore while we built Jack's fort.

We got the fort built and got supper and I guess my new personal best Splake, as I had never caught one before. They were all small , but very….very…tasty! Bobbers with a split shot and single hooked live minnow and black fury mepps worked good.

THE HIKE IN

IMG_8907.jpg

IMG_8902.jpg

GOOD FUN AND EXERCISE FOR EVERYONE

IMG_8895.jpg

IMG_8898.jpg

IMG_8900.jpg

GOT THE FORT BUILT

IMG_8880.jpg

IMG_8879.jpg

SMILES ALL ROUND

IMG_8894.jpg
IMG_8882.jpg
IMG_8886.jpg
AND GOT SUPPER OUT OF THE DEAL TOO!
IMG_8873.jpg
I the video I took that day was not very good quality, but I went back yesterday with Roloff while the family was at work and school, this time armed with my Gopro and more time dedicate to fishing.
YESTERDAY AT THE SAME LAKE (select HD In youtube)
I have also been hitting up a shore mark a bit closer to home, lots of video of this place already, but always a fun spot to try, last week got an hour in on Thursday morning, its slowing down a bit for walleye, perch have been on fire, but they are wormy, anyway, not bad for an hour and got to have a fish fry at work on Saturday which the staff and clients appreciate!
HOUR SHIFT FROM SHORE
The smaller ponds were all iced over yesterday, even some shallower larger lakes had a shore to shore skim. Not long now before the dreaded soft water to ice transition period. At least this year I can spend the 2 week period shooting birds.

Nice video Simon...Perch (dinks) was all I could get from shore three weeks ago with the exception of one largemouth about a pound plus...

2 operations a week apart have kept me away from the lake...next time it warms up...maybe ?

Edited by Beans

As always Simon, I enjoyed your videos... still pretty jealous of the dog though! LOL

HH

LOL…he is a good pup, i grow fonder of him daily, he has really turned into my dog, he likes my wife and jack, but he sits at the door whipping in anticipation of me for about an hour every evening before I come home.

Thanks for sharing. Jack has got a smile from ear to ear in those shots! I was surprised there wasn't any white stuff?

There has been a few wet flurries here, but nothing like the sudbury guys got the other week, but the small ponds here have a skim….not long now.

Simon, you got to do a cast and blast on those walks.

Nice vids sir.

Thanks Brian, with the ice approaching soon it might just be a 'blast and blast' report next.

Rough walking terrain!

The family looks good in orange

Thanks Chad, my poor knees were shot to hell by the end of the day, more glucosamine me thinks!

Ditto on the rough terrain! I was under the impression that a cut like that had to be cleared of leftovers once the jobbers left..

Kewl fort though and kudos for wearing your blaze.

cheers

HD

Yeah, would hate to be shot at. I heard a lot of moose calls in the area that day, thinking it was hunters rather than moose making the racket though. Some pretty close by too.

Looks like a grand ol' time! I wish I had that much luck shore fishing in the fall... I've been skunked for the last few times. Also... I see tree planting land

I am blessed with some good shore fishing, but the walleye have started to slow down now, soon be going after trout and whities.

Nice video Simon...Perch (dinks) was all I could get from shore three weeks ago with the exception of one largemouth about a pound plus...

2 operations a week apart have kept me away from the lake...next time it warms up...maybe ?

Thanks Beans,

OUCH! what did you have done?

Edited by limeyangler

"OUCH! what did you have done?"

Two weeks ago I had my fifth bladder cancer tumor removed...

A week ago I had the cataracts removed from my right eye...I can't believe how well I can see without glasses...I have worn them since I was twelve years old...strange not putting them on in the morning or taking them off to lie down...