Compromise Vehicle

HTHM

Did they charge you for the reflash? If so, how much roughly?

No, they shouldn't and didn't charge me. The service guy had an ounce of common sense said there's no way he can charge me for a fix to a recall -- they will be billing chrysler for it. I'm sure there's dealers that would try -- I'd escalate to chrysler if they do.

Edited by Raf

Says right on the TSB: revised N23 recall procedure.. for vehicles that lose the abililty to shift into 4LO/N after the original N23 recall was performed.. references the software version that the N23 recall puts on the FDCM... yadda yadda yadda.. if that's not an admission of the original recall messing things up, I don't know what is. Chrysler handled this whole thing very poorly IMO as it took over a year for any kind of official fix. I think they were hoping that most people wouldn't notice and the ones that do would be such a minority... afterall, how many people actually use 4LO/N on their transfer case in a Grand Cherokee. I know it's a Jeep but it's not exactly a Wrangler. A large percentage of these vehicles were purchased to be mall crawlers.

Edited by Raf

So, ya, I just picked it up today, so far I am quite happy. It needs to be safetied and etested yet, but drives quite well. Only fun stuff is a noise at full lock turning right and a tire pressure sensor that has gone the way of all flesh.

How hard is it to fix a TPS?

are you sure the TPMS is bad? make sure tire pressure is right on all tires.. including the spare if yours came with a full size spare.

there are two different TPMS systems in these trucks. a basic and a 'premium'. the premium shows the tire pressures of all the tires. the basic will just illuminate if one of them is down.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_tpms.htm

Generally TPS sensors are in the $50 a piece range.

The tire has to be removed, replace stem/sensor assy. reinstall tire and program the computer to accept the new sensor.

Not sure how it's done on the Jeeps.

Could Google "replace Jeep TPS sensor" and you should get an answer.

Checked it out and parts geek has them from $24-$31.

Associating the new sensor seems easy.

Adjust air pressure to that listed on the Tire Inflation Pressure Label (Placard) provided with the vehicle (applied to driver's side B-pillar). Make sure the original style and color valve stem cap is securely installed to keep moisture out of the sensor.
Once vehicle has been stationary for more than 20 minutes, drive the vehicle for a minimum of 10 minutes while maintaining a continuous speed above 15 mph (24 km/h) . During this time the system will learn the new sensor ID.

Edited by DRIFTER_016