Northbay Tackle spots?

mattybculp

I'm sure I've seen this question asked in a post before, I did try searching the database however I wasn't able to come up with anything, so I apologize to anyone who may be put off by the redundant question. I'm heading up to lady evelyn next Tuesday and I'm pretty sure we are heading up north on hwy 11. We are leaving my place around 2:30-3 am so that we arrive at mowatts landing for around 10am. Im looking for a tackle shop in Northbay that isn't to far off the hwy11 route, as to not waste to much time going out of the way, mainly looking for minnows. Any advice would be great, and much appreciated.

So I looked up northbay outfitters and it looks ideal but noticed there hours of operation which opening is at 9 am. I should have mentioned that time is an issue since we have to meet our boat ride to our spot at 10 am. I think I may be able to swing 8 am and still make it to the launch by 10 am. I think I have a couple hours ahead of me to mowatts landing. I guess I assumed most tackle shops would open a little earlier, and if this time wasn't already pre-set to meet I would definately hang around. I noticed there was a tackle shop called billy bobs bait I believe. Anyone know if he carries minnows ( I assume so ) and what his hours may be for a Tuesday. I'm going to call and see if they have there hours on there voicemail.

Your closest option is Discount Bait and Tackle. You will drive right past it on the by-pass. Turn right at the 3rd traffic lights. That is the intersection of Cassells St. and Hwy. 63 (Trout Lake Rd.). After you turn right it is the 1st building on your left. You will be able to get minnows there and get right back on the by-pass. If you don't think they will be open there may be somewhere in Temagami.

If you are stuck, let me know and I will pick some up for you on Monday and leave them for you in a cooler on my steps.

there may be somewhere in Temagami.

Matt, if your heading as far north as Temagami, there used to be a bait shop on the east side of #11 at Angus Lake 10 or 15 miles south of town.

Haven't been there for around 14 years or so but I know he used to sell minnows but now I can't even recall the name of the place.

Not much help but someone else here may know who I'm talking about.

just gave gramps a call, good news is they open at 7, not so great news they have no minnows, although she said Dan is out trapping some, but couldn't make any guarantees that there will be any, so I will call Monday and if they have any by then hopefully they don't sell out by Tuesday morning. I'm going to keep looking around to have a back up plan or two just in case they do not.