Reved up the toon,and finally caught a fish on my H/M worm harrness

misfish

First I have to say a big thanks to Terry for his very generous offering .Thanks bud. :good:

Now to the ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I said I would,nt,and yet,I went and did.

BUT, it,s not what it looks like. Really.

Come the fall,I will be duck hunting from the toon on some bodies of water that will require me to get out there and set up. No rowing or flipping to get there. After the morning hunt,I will flip/row my way back for some fishing. Fall crappies and eyes should be on by then.

So my plan was to get an electric motor and a battery. Knowing that the toon can take up to 350 pounds, me and gear I started my quest for motor.and then a small battery. The motor offer came to a surprise to me,so just need to find a battery. Asking questions on the board here,I went with what Terry was using. I like the fact it can be in any position,being that it,s sealed. Laying it on it,s side was perfect for my needs.

My toon frame, is nothing like the one Terry has. Mine is a smaller frame tube structure.. So a platform was a must. For the battery and a motor mount and a place to put a bag of duck decoys. Rod holder as well. :Gonefishing:

So before I even started to think of where I was going to put hold down eye bolts,I just winged it this morning. Lots of bungee cords.LOL

I attached the motor first. Ok, looks good. Then I put the 24 pound battery on. Front of the toon is starting to point to the sky. :w00t: Well not that extream,but it looked like it might not work. I look at Terry and say,I have turned into you here. LOL Terry ENSURES me that ,i,ll be fine. Sit your fat :asshat: in it.

I took great offence to this, as I have lost 20 pounds this summer. :good:

shantybayaug17-14011_zps06228b07.jpg

Littlelake23-08-14006_zpsd482abfd.jpg

So I do as told and it all balanced out. Still alittle leary, I row myself out slowly away from any danger to self. :stretcher: . Once out in the open water,I turn it to 1. Yeehaw,Im moving. I try the oars for controlling direction like in the video I seen on youtube. Hey,it works. Once comfortable,I turn it up to 2 then 3. This is very cool. Ok, all systems are a go. Crank it to hyper speed,5. My rooster tail is soaking Terry behind me. Ok, it wasnt a rooster tail,but I was flying. So after all the fun and learning to control the toon with the electric,it was fishing time.

The high east winds kept us off Simcoe this morning,so we headed to a small lake near by. The normal spinner bait largies were on,but all small ones. I found it funny,they would hit a boiling spinner bait,but no top water baits. Some even hit right at the splash and retrieve.

Littlelake23-08-14007_zps5ab8dbf7.jpg

Littlelake23-08-14008_zps294c2b9c.jpg

After a bit of fun with them, I wanted to try trolling with my first homemade worm harness. Turns out,this toon moves at a decent trolling speed at 1. It didnt take long before I was getting hits but missed the first two. The third one smashed it, I set the hook and yes,a fish on my own home made bait. I was hoping it was a walleye but nope..

Littlelake23-08-14009_zpsd08ea8a6.jpg

Littlelake23-08-14010_zpsf91f5854.jpg

It was a great feeling and accomplishment in my eyes. I think the whole lake heard me cheering.

We trolled around for a few hours then called it a morning. Terry did well today as well. I,m sure he will share his pics.

I have to say,I did feel guilt having the motor moving me around. I really truly love the work out of flipping and rowing.

I know what the motor is for,so I will be back to my regular work out next outing. Yes, the motor will still be on the toon, as a last safety resort. Things can happen out on the water in a heart beat. Sometimes,Im to proud to admit it. But Im sure my family wants me around a little bit longer.LOL

Stay tooned, for my next project in a couple of weeks..

The TOON DUCK BLIND.

I have some cool ideas for this.

Can't wait to see the duck blind version :)

S.

Shane

i think when I,m done,it will be pretty cool. If it works out like I think it will, I can stop ,lay out the decoys move a bit away,drop 2 anchors to hold me in position. No need to be tight to the edge. I love open water fowls.

Thanks.