Anyone ever contacted Rapala Canada?

adam lancia

Hi all, I bought a Rapala Vapor spinning reel last summer and now the knob on the handle is very difficult to turn. The knob is riveted onto the handle on both sides so I can't even service it or replace the bushings in the knob. I sent Rapala an email through their Canadian site, has anyone else contacted them this way and had any success? Would I be better off calling them? Lastly, does anyone know if there is another handle assembly that will fit and has replaceable bushings/bearings...? Thanks in advance!

I have had good dealings with them over the phone several years ago mind you .

I had a new lure break and they replaced it no questions asked !!!

I was asked to ship my lures (about 12) that fell apart under normal use in 1 season... At my cost...

When I asked if I would be getting ANY replacements to justify me spending my money to ship their faulty lures (only 1 color had an issue) their reply was we need to see the lures...

I sent pics...

They still insisted I ship them...

All I wanted them to say was they'd give me at least 1 lure to pay for my shipping... I don't think that was too much to ask...

I was able to speak to someone on the phone this morning. Basically, they're not sure which handles interchange between reels so the best they can do is replace the whole reel as a final warranty replacement, which I don't need. So, can anyone think of an easy way to drill the head from the rivet that is in the place where a screw head usually is? I feel like I should be able to then drill and tap the rivet and replace the bushings, freeing things up. Ideas? Opinions? Thanks in advance!

I've been to their location in Oshawa three times, two for broken rods and one for a broken reel. All three times in and out no problems with new gear. The guy even took the spool off my broken reel and gave it to me as a spare without me asking!

Why not just get a new reel if they offered?

Why not just get a new reel if they offered?

I wondered the same thing. I think you only get 1 year warranty with them and if it was last summer you bought it your around the end of your warranty. so why not take the new one?

Yup dealt with them for the same issue as mentioned tail dancer lips separating while on vacation lost 4 lures.... Nothing but the lip left. When I received an email back from them they also included their general council in the reply.. Needless to say they were not going to help me.

It was then I decided I would avoid buying their products as much as possible.

G

Edited by Gerritt

• 3 weeks later...

Update: along with calling Rapala/Normark, I filled out their online contact form and actually got an email back a little over a week ago asking for a shipping address. They sent me a replacement handle assembly free of charge. I was really pleasantly surprised by this, not only because they sent me parts at no cost to me, but also because I forgot that I had contacted them through their website. Saved me a trip to Oshawa and I get to tray and modify the original binding handle assembly.