West Arm for the Week - Water Levels and Weeds

Hey OFC!

I'm about to head north for a week on the west side of the west arm. Just wanted to touch base quick and inquire about the water levels and weedgrowth.

Is the cabbage finally thick? Are water levels still relatively high? I'll be taking my boat and don't want any nasty surprises.

Hopefully the toothy critters are active and I'll have a pretty great report when I'm back.

Ryan

Can't really help with the West Arm, but I was on the French, near Alban, the second week of July and the water levels were at normal seasonal levels. The weed growth at that time was said to be a month behind normal growth.

Best guess would be things are more like July up there, than August.

Hope that helps.

HH

Can't really help with the West Arm, but I was on the French, near Alban, the second week of July and the water levels were at normal seasonal levels. The weed growth at that time was said to be a month behind normal growth.

Best guess would be things are more like July up there, than August.

Hope that helps.

HH

TBH that's what I was expecting. I thought maybe a little higher than normal, early July conditions. Thanks for the info.

We are on the west arm now. Water levels are near normal, but the weeds are still behind. Fishing 8' of water, weeds are mostly still a few feet down. Much better than in June, but not near what they have been in past years. Fishing was tough this past week. Good luck.