Moosebunk

Hey Bunk

Another amazing trip!! Thanks for taking the time to do the report, A fantastic write up and pics!

Your comparisons in Bear and Slave is great A lot of really good info.

My favorite is still the Tree, I just loved your report and pics from that trip.

Cheers

Rick

My favorite and Bren's is still the Tree too. Each trip unforgettable.

Thanks Rick.

Ummm, wow! What a clinic you and bren put on.

Thanks for the report, it was very entertaining with some world class lakers involved.

Keep in touch Drew.

Thanks Tyler. While on Nipigon couple weeks ago you crossed my mind, wondered if you made it out there again this year? Then, this week I'm talking to a buddy about an early fall roady trip and thinking we might rip through the Soo, got wondering again about hooking up. Not sure it's in the plans though now, may try for later season, but still want to head out that way at some point. Thought you were coming Ottawa way this summer too? You got a seat, anytime. We'll keep in touch man.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions. that helps quite a bit!

now I just have to convince a fishing buddy to tag along with me.

It will be worth it. It's almost a 100% bet I'd make. With companies like Plummer's they don't need a guy like me trying to sell people on their services as outfitters, their reputation has stood at the top for decades. But these days, trips like this are becoming easier for people to do. Airmiles and Aeroplan for flights are an example. I used points, paid just the taxes ($170) to get two of us from Ottawa to Yellowknife return, with only short stop-overs each way in Calgary. An easy day of flying for nearly nothing. That's a start.

As far as outfitters in the Northwest Territories go, here's a little bit of info as well. Angler tourism in the last 5 years is down from about 7,000 to 4,400 visiting anglers per year. These are people generally bringing in good money to not only the outfitters, but also airlines and some communities. This big a drop-off in anglers tracked through outfitting services, one can imagine those visiting as DIY types has declined as well. The NWT pushes for tourism quite hard, look at SpectacularNWT's adds online and nationally in the Globe, Lodges and outfitting services don't want to close up shop. They want to weather the storm, and hope for better days when the U.S. economy/dollar rebounds some, and angler interest grows again. In the meantime, it's primetime for Canadians, and as so, with some outfitters there may just be some negotiable deals to be had. A great thing considering angling pressure is lower now than over many years passed, but great services are still there and travel is made easy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring if the downward trend of visiting anglers continues??? If you and a buddy, or four of you have X number of dollars to spend but think one outfitters price tag is a turnoff, you're making a mistake by not at least picking up the phone and asking what can be done for what you can offer. Some money in pocket is always better than nothing at all.

Anyways, thanks again folks for the kind replies. Enjoyed our trip, had to capture it, glad yous enjoyed coming along too.

Edited by Moosebunk

Thanks Tyler. While on Nipigon couple weeks ago you crossed my mind, wondered if you made it out there again this year? Then, this week I'm talking to a buddy about an early fall roady trip and thinking we might rip through the Soo, got wondering again about hooking up. Not sure it's in the plans though now, may try for later season, but still want to head out that way at some point. Thought you were coming Ottawa way this summer too? You got a seat, anytime. We'll keep in touch man..

Oh ya! Nipigon on the 28th man! Heading to ORR this time. Try something different. Next year prob back to v falls area in June hopefully. If not I'm thinking South Bay. Ya, I did end up in Ottawa but only for a few days instead of a week like I had planned. I was in town for my sisters wedding and ended up at the heart/crown way to much haha

As far as the fall in the Soo. PM me, I like the way this is going. I'm sure I can swing something.

Catching 30 pound orange smoked redfin lakers, grayling in front of the camp and snackn back shore

lunches on stromatolite covered islands while the inferno burns in the back ground.

Sounds like it was an alright trip.................... :whistling:

Just another awesome trip to make me envious!

BTW

Bren putting a hurt on those big lakers, think I now where your getting your fish catchn skills from.

Thanks doods....

Exhausted after some activities with the girls over a few days....

Summer14-047_zps0358550a.jpg

.... thinking may have to try the Ausable some Autumn for troots too. Wicked looking water.

Bren putting a hurt on those big lakers, think I now where your getting your fish catchn skills from.

She couldn't cook, fish or save money when met her Mike. lol. Does all that stuff better than me now.

It's really great to hear that Plummer's didn't succumb to the fire.

...and to have that fire in the background the whole time (crazy)

News interview with lodge owner after we had left...

Oh ya! Nipigon on the 28th man! Heading to ORR this time. Try something different.

Should be an interesting time in the season there... feedbaggin' pike and fat prespawn lakers and specks. We should talk before you go tho,