Burlington Skyway Closed (its fishing related :) )

spincast

I recall going over that bridge many times, it is probably going to be a real shocker for some tourists?

If not most... This is a vital artery from the US and the Niagara region, a lot of economic commerce begins along this route. To say this is major would be an understatement. This will cost a lot more then just the repair to the bridge itself.

The federal government should get involved as this is a major trade route.

Hopefully mister Singh is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, loses his license and is made to pay restitution..

I travel the 401 daily for work.... And the crap these truckers do should land a lot of them in jail...

Hopefully they get this sorted out soon as I can see the oil companies having yet another excuse

G

If not most... This is a vital artery from the US and the Niagara region, a lot of economic commerce begins along this route. To say this is major would be an understatement. This will cost a lot more then just the repair to the bridge itself.

The federal government should get involved as this is a major trade route.

Hopefully mister Singh is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, loses his license and is made to pay restitution..

I travel the 401 daily for work.... And the crap these truckers do should land a lot of them in jail...

Hopefully they get this sorted out soon as I can see the oil companies having yet another excuse

G

Oil companies need an excuse? Every time I went further into Ontario than Niagara Falls I crossed that bridge, and I can only imagine the headaches and problem with it will involve.

Part of the breakup of the unions and union drivers? In no way am I claiming they were all perfect. You own a trucking company, leased drivers or independent drivers are the way to go? Oh, they don't work for us, you can't hold us responsible for their mistakes?

Even if you require them to have a million dollar liability coverage policy? Will it even begin to cover that actual costs. Then there is the old saying about squeezing blood out of a rock? How many ordinary people could even begin to pay the costs of repairs in a lifetime of work.

FYI the Skyway Bridge is open again :clapping:

Update - the QEW is closed both ways at Walkers in Burlington due to flooding :whistling:

Good luck to all the long weekend travelers trying to get thru the mess

Edited by RDR

FYI the Skyway Bridge is open again :clapping:

Update - the QEW is closed both ways at Walkers in Burlington due to flooding :whistling:

Good luck to all the long weekend travelers trying to get thru the mess

Thank God eh Rick? I can imagine your blood pressure rising driving that to and from work every day.

Flooding? We didn't have a drop of rain up here yesterday, wow!