Kawartha Karping

Photoz

Well, after yet ANNUDER supreme skunking yesterday, I was a bit apprehensive about getting outta bed at 03:00 and driving well over an hour to just get skunked again!! 'ell, I could stay at home and get skunked fishing my bathtub . . . without paying $30.00+ for gas! But bein' a real masochist & hawg for punishment, (aren't ALL anglers?) I dragged my poor tired old butt down to my van just before 05:00, and arrived at Lake 'X' about 06:30 . . . saw about 4 carp jump as I was setting up. Tossed in about 06:45, walked up to my van, only to hear BEEEEEEEEEEEEP!! I made a run for the rod, fish gone. Not a wiggle for about a half hour . . . strange? I haul in . . . corn pulled off hair rig . . bait up again . . this time within 5 minutes, had one on . . got 'im stopped . . . a few head shakes, he throws the barbless hook! This goes on till 09:30, when I landed my biggest one of the day . . a scrawney looking 30" that only weighed about 15 pounds. Got another 2, slightly smaller a few minutes later, then back to numerous line bumps until about noon. I moved down the shore about 100', not a sniff for over 3 hours, then between 3:00 & 4:00, missed 2, landed 4 more. Well worth the drive, 7 fish, but average size was only about 13 pounds . . . but they did fight well. Matter of fact, I enjoyed myself so much, I'm going back tomorrow. This is the scrawney 30 incher I got first, and they got smaller. Geeze . . .. doesn't anybody feed these poor creatures? I gave 'em at least 10 pounds of corn & groundbait today to fatten 'em up!!

med_gallery_77_129_44211.jpg

hey steve.. we knew that you would start catching =D ... wished i can go out there ... too bad i got school .. maybe this weekend ...

that's one beautiful lean machine u got in that pic! good luck tomorrow!