Tackle stores on the way to Cleveland

Fang

Will be driving down for a weekend of baseball soon and always like to stop to do a bit of shopping. I know some of you steelhead hounds frequent that area and was looking for something worth stopping for. I've been to Colvilles a few times south of Buffalo and really liked that store.

I've marked down the Gander Mountain in Erie ( only if time permits as I've been in Buffalo and Syracuse store often) as well as the Orvis store outside of Cleveland as possibilities but looking for something more local.

Does anyone know if the FishUSA.com warehouse in Erie is open to the public?

There are at least 3 Gander Mountain stores in the Cleveland area, one may be close to the games? Before or after?

Rodmaker's shop is geared more to the bass and walleye fisherman's market, but carry a little of something for all species

The guys that owned it and worked there were all involved heavily in fishing, for a variety of species.

Hi Fang,

The Fish USA store is open to the public, I don't know the time it's open.

Call them to be sure

FishUSA

1807 Pittsburgh Ave

Erie Pa

1-800-922-1219

Also a new Field & Stream store has opened near Gander Mtn in Erie, it's worth a look.

Seanik (Jerry)

How soon is soon? The Cabelas opens up down here by the Galleria in about a month.

Colvilles is a great little shop, (although highly tailored toward steelhead, so i dont know what his shelves are stocked with this time of year)

Other Big Box stores.....

U already know of the Gander on Colvin Blvd in Tonawanda (i personally avoid it if i can, too many occasions where they run out of what i need and dont restock......another time on that rant lol)

Dicks at the Galleria has a pretty decent fishing dept.

Theres a bunch of other small shops: See link

http://www.yellowpages.com/buffalo-ny/bait-shops

Big Catch and Russ's are on niagara st. right next to the 190 (not sure of your route)

There is a place in Acron Ohio called Land Big Fish.

Google maps says its 40minutes from Cleveland.

One of the best fishing stores I have ever been in. Great staff, HUGE selection, great prices.

You can check them out on line

There is a new store in Erie, Field and Stream, located within a mile of the Erie Gander Mountain. It's almost as good as a Cabelas, in fact it will definitely remind you of Cabelas. IMHO it is far superior to Gander. Additionally there is a Dick's next to the Gander store. There is at least one other major fishing store in Erie but I can't recall the name.

https://www.facebook.com/FieldAndStreamShop?utm_source=search-engine&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Crescent-Springs-Gen-Store|BMM&utm_content=+crescent-+springs-+ky-+fishing-+stores