Lund 16' Mr Pike....looking for reviews and experiences

Hello All,

I've been searching for a new boat for some time and am getting close to buying one (will need by end of the month). I have narrowed my search to used boats under 4k, Aluminum with a deep hull, 16ft minimum, 40hp minimum. I keep seeing the 16ft Mr Pike model by lund in this range and am hoping for the communities input on their experience with this boat.

I will not be fishing the great lakes but want something that can handle lakes up to the size of Nipissing and St Clair. I would also fish the interior of Georgian Bay from Honey Harbor north from time to time, the 1000 islands and the Kawarthas.

Thanks

16foot is a great length for general purpose fishing, if you are using a 40 hp motor it should move along quite well. if it's a lund, it should be serviceable for years to come. the aluminum boats just go on and on. I have a 14 foot skiff and it was made in the 50s and still floats (with a few rivets sealed) . you won't be disappointed with a lund.

If I recall...Lund made a 16 footer with a floor in it----was much like their Alaskan---a step up from a reg 16 foot alum lund

Then I believe The Mr. Pike went somewhere closer to a Pro V style

So there's several animals out there that could be branded Mr Pike

My fishing partner has a 2001 Lund Pike 16 powered with a 115 hp Optimax... Runs strong, alot of room to fish out of because of it's width. Only thing is the console seems too far ahead for my liking and it doesn't leave room for the front deck.. Don't get me wrong here, there's room but I'm just comparing it to my boat as we fish out of both.

As for the price being under 4k. Guess it depends on how old you get, but I haven't seen any 1998 or newer in that price range..

You won't be disappointed if you find one.. they are very nice boats to fish out of..

USA boat below...

http://www.lake-link.com/tradingpost/ad.cfm/69631/1982-LUND-16-foot-Mr-Pike/

Edited by tizfun

Again...the Mr. Pike had several versions---I'm pretty sure the older models were very much like a 16 foot tinny Lund

the newer ones...get a different hull----and are like a Pro v deep v hull design-----if you find that model for under 4 with a motor---let me know cuz I'll buy 2