New Toy......Personal Floatation Device :)

blaque

After years of hmmmm'ing and haw'ing over the multitude of options out there , i finally pulled the trigger on one.

WIth a lot of research, recommendation, reading reviews etc ......(some right here on OFC)........i landed on the Old Town Predator MX.

Bought it online, free shipping and no tax (in the states)

Its pretty slick with lots of mounting options for accessories, a comfortable 3 position seat, and lots of open floor space when stand up casting. and a stable hull design to allow u to do just that

As many of you know, getting a new fishing toy to play with is like christmas morning all over again, only now we have to buy our own toys :)

Ive put a couple little accessories on last night when i got it home (slide rail mount system, rod holder, paddle clip), this will get me on the water for now. Which cant come soon enough

20140701_201501_zps32902f17.jpg

20140701_201519_zpse32b64ce.jpg

Nice Boat Blaque. that was one of my top picks. I like that the boat is the same depth all throughout. I'm sure you'll be pretty happy with your purchase. Dig the colour too.

I ended up with a jackson big tuna so I can cart around my kids and it serves my needs well.

Nice Boat Blaque. that was one of my top picks. I like that the boat is the same depth all throughout. I'm sure you'll be pretty happy with your purchase. Dig the colour too.

I ended up with a jackson big tuna so I can cart around my kids and it serves my needs well.

I read lots of good reviews on the jacksons. And i dig the color scheme as well, it was one of the selling points lol.......as long as i dont kayak in the winter, everyone should see me comin :)

Resident browns don't stand a chance! :)

Ill probably christen it with one last channel cat attempt on the cattaraugus lol.....see if i can get pulled around a little :).....but the inland streams will definitely be on the list in the coming weeks

I owned a wilderness systems yak for a while. Not so sure how quickly you will be standing. It takes alot of nerve and practice. But the thing I miss the most is the ease with which you can get out on the water I used to be able to get to a kettle lake full of bass and pike in 45 min from my house. Wirh a boat and trailer it's a much bigger production. There are a couple of kayak fishing forums that are great full of nice folks like this forum