5hp johnson ....no start

bow slayer

trying to start this 5 hp 2 stroke johnson for my dad and thing will not start. I believe it is a 99. The plug is good,the gas is fresh,clip on kill switch is good,and there is no secondary gas shut off valve like on my 5 hp nissan. Only thing i can think it is the small black spark control thingy. The thing ran perfect last season. any suggestions,thing is so simple cant think of anything else it could be.

Remove the spark plugs. Wipe dry and remove any oily residue. Replace plugs. Re attach plug wires.

Squirt a small amount of fuel mixture directly down the throat of the carburetor. Do not choke. If after a few pulls you can't get it to fire then you know it's an ignition problem.

If it fires and runs briefly then you have an issue with the carburetor.

Do you have spark? Nice blue or blue/purple spark.

If not you have a charge coil ignition module or coil to diagnose. Can be the kill circuit I believe if you have no spatk disconnect the black wire with yellow stripe from ignition module if you have spark problen in kill circuit. If not gotta check for voltage outta charge coil . Coil resistance module output ect

Remove the spark plugs. Wipe dry and remove any oily residue. Replace plugs. Re attach plug wires.

Squirt a small amount of fuel mixture directly down the throat of the carburetor. Do not choke. If after a few pulls you can't get it to fire then you know it's an ignition problem.

If it fires and runs briefly then you have an issue with the carburetor.

i did exactly that still no go I am sure it is no spark,taking it in to a shop tomorrow