Anyone ever get a trolling motor serviced?

Shloim

I have a minn kota 55lb riptide hand control bow mounted motor and It just stopped working. So I took it apart looking for something and found nothing noticeably wrong. So my dilemma is that although its not what i really want, when it was working I was happy enough with it. But it broke, so before I put any money into it do I just get a foot control as that is what I really want. Or does anyone think Im getting this fixed inexpensively??? I would much prefer to not spend the money

I had a Minkota that quit working and got it serviced (I think it was in Waterloo). If I remember correctly, it was very reasonable! It isn't worth anything if it doesn't work so get it fixed, sell it, and buy what you do want!

I had a Minkota that quit working and got it serviced (I think it was in Waterloo). If I remember correctly, it was very reasonable! It isn't worth anything if it doesn't work so get it fixed, sell it, and buy what you do want!

As Big Cliff says, get it fixed, sell it, put the money towards what you want.

Grant Mills Boat Tech in Pickering will set you up. He is an authorized Minn Kota repair/ dealer. Great person to deal with.

Cheers, Ron...

Depending on where you are, Aikmans in Mississauga is also a repair centre. The nice part about a powerdrive or a V2 is that you can add copilot to the one or I pilot to the other eventually and it makes them more versatile! But, if overall you where happy enough with the unit, it might be just as worthwhile to get it fixed and use it while saving for the unit you really want!