OK Boys..French Fries at Half Mast

bushart

From what I have heard, the employees and another investor group have bought the plant and it will in full production, if not already.

When I heard that Heinz was going to close the plant, I swore off of Heinz Ketchup, the only brand I had ever bought. Wit this news, I can feel good about buying Heinz products again.

Ketchup loves poddaydos!

HH

No the plant is not in full production they went from around 800 people to around 200. I have only bought their product all my life but I will not support them ever again. I don't work there but am getting sick and tired of big business leaving and this time I can do something about it. I sent off my emails when it was announced and never got a reply. F Heinz

Sorry I love the product they make it is the best I will miss it but can sleep better with out it.

Yes the new business there is doing some of their stuff but nowhere close to the amount that was once booming. Look at all the other jobs that are going to be gone because of this.

End of my rant

Isn't part of the reason for the closure that one of the big fast food chains dropped their product line, not sure but I think it might have been McD's.

Cliff,

Heinz hired a Burger King executive... so McD's dropped Heinz... I can understand that..

But the plan to shutter this plant has been in the works for alot longer then the above.

E.D Smith is a producer of Ketchup and many other items. They are located outside of Stoney Creek. It is a pretty good alternative to Heinz if I may say so.

G

*Edit the rule of I before E does not apply here*

Edited by Gerritt

Cliff,

Heinz hired a Burger King executive... so McD's dropped Heinz... I can understand that..

But the plan to shutter this plant has been in the works for alot longer then the above.

E.D Smith is a producer of Ketchup and many other items. They are located outside of Stoney Creek. It is a pretty good alternative to Heinz if I may say so.

G

*Edit the rule of I before E does not apply here*

Not a good excuse in my books, (sounds like sour grapes LOL) I am sure ED makes a very good product BUT! it isn't Heinz!

That's it, I won't go to McD's ever again (well except for their coffee and muffins) (oh wait, that was the only reason I went there in the first place) ok, this shoukld be an easy one :)