Had a couple issues today with the new to me boat

Shloim

First the motor freaked out a couple of times it sort of shut down and water temp lite came on. I shut it down and then it ran fine after both times, also my power trim gave me a bit of trouble and works but no when all thecway down without a boost. With a little lift/ help getting started it works fine. Only intermittent trouble going up from the all the way down position.... Any advice?

If you are unsure of why it died/overheated and it could be the impeller it is better to have it diagnosed by a professional and repaired. The penalty of over heating can be expensive.

Art

Change your impeller to start with. Check the fluid in the trim. Also, check out Iboats.com, the forums there are invaluable. You can download the

Shop manual for your motor which can help to diagnose your problems. Also, you can post your issues and some of the regular contributors are oldtime marine mechanics who are incredible resources.

PS. Do not run your boat again until you change the impeller. That should be done yearly on a boat that is run a lot. It is cheap insurance esp if you do it yourself.

Edited by bigbuck

Thanks for all your replies . So after being on the water all day yesterday the overheating was from weeds and it runs fine . The problem is with the trim. So it worked fine when I launched and then it crapped out mid day. We were at a friends cottage and checked it at the dock and found some burnt wires, then after pulling it out of the water and getting a better look, found a couple more burn wires... Cab anyone recommend a good mechanic close to the city if possible? I'm freaking out a bit now....