I have noticed a great positive from float tubing

misfish

Earlier this year was told I had stage 4 austrio arthritis in the my right knee (to many rough sports as a young lad and 2 operations on it),,but way to young for any major surgery. 

The pain at times, was to the point I could barely walk on it . 

I have been using the tube much more then I did last year already. The workout on the legs has been great and the knee has been getting stronger. At times,I will really push myself and get the tube moving so well,the line starts to get to the top of the surface. For those know what those leg machines look like,,they are for leg extensions or also called leg curling.

With the added longer then normal flippers,the workout is intense at times. Like they they say,no pain no gain,but I feel no pain in my knee,just a good burn in my calves and thighs.

I was on the water at 5 am this morning and didnt get off til 11. Thats a total workout of flipping those flippers.

The other positive is,weight lose.  I have been wearing 6mm chest waders every outing this year. This flipping workout makes me sweat inside this suit which in return, help with some well needed weight lose (again). I was getting up to about the 216 mark. Far cry from the 230 I was some years back before I started to shed down to 178. Way to much lose for me. Anyways,I did notice that I was starting to get a bit lighter and the belly was starting to fade again.Down to 209.

As much as I like to be out in a boat,Im looking forward each time I can get out on the tube. Ya sure I cant get around like a boat,but I am truly loving the exercise and the peacefullness.

Theres also another demon that has been casted away, with,which is also making me feel better about life.

It,s mornings like this I miss and wont be missing anymore. There wasnt a sunrise,but it was calm and very soothing to the soul.

Posted Image

As usual,my very good friend joined up,late ,but I have gotten back to my keener ways. LOL

Posted Image

Another enjoyable time on the water. Perch,sunfish and a couple smallies entertained us.

We did head over to cheap tackles sale, and got some great deals.

Nice to see you again Micheal. Best of luck with the rest of the sale. Anyone that can get there,it,s like walking in the dollar store,but even better.

Edited by Misfish

reaching back to turn the motor is quite the work out for me too

Ya all that twisting and turning will do that.LOL

COOL VID DUDE.

Fitness is crucial , glad you've found away to incorporate fishing and fitness!!!

Well done !!!

The time for long walks and bush wacking will be here soon. It will be a whole lot easier to do with the weight lose. Maybe I,ll be able to keep atleast 2-3 minutes behind you.LOL

Thanks

Edited by Misfish

Hey, you two better watch the speed limit out there..Nice to have those calm mornings and no nitwits to bother you. :clapping:

Oh we had one clown with his family in the boat troll right beside me. Whole friggen lake,and they need to come up close. :dunno: