Had a hankering for brisket this weekend..... NF

Burtess

So I had a hankering for brisket this weekend and stopped a couple places on the way home last night. First was Whole Foods Market in Oakville. So I see some highly trimmed briskets (grass fed blah blah) in the meat case and notice the price... $2.29, and I think wow awesome... then I look closer... per 100 grams!!!! Yeah not!

Hit up Lococos and got a 14 pounder for $4 a pound and its CAB... so we are talking high select or into prime territory here, not a bad deal and on she goes this morning......

IMG_0806 resized.jpg

Burt :)

Edited by Burtess

Can't get quotes to work for some reason :dunno: I am having problems with pictures lately too (how big are you guys seeing them on this thread, they look way to big to me).

Brian, this can be arranged! The only reason I didn't do any cooks over this last winter is when I put the smoker away after a fall smoke, I left all the vents closed. When I went to pull it out in January it was a carpet of green inside, had to wait for warm weather to scrub it all out.

It is an 18", I know they have made the larger ones for a few years now, but I just noticed that they make a smaller one too, although I wouldn't want one any smaller than this.

Separated the point from the flat last night and put the point back on to make "burnt ends".

Edited by Burtess

This was the point after the 2nd smoke, making "burnt ends", nice and black with thick bark.

IMG_0810resized_zps62804089.jpg~original

This is it chopped for a snack I am eating right now lol....

IMG_0815resized_zpsaedff83c.jpg~original

This one had a very large point so I may just freeze the flat for later (wife made a big lasagna as well so too much food!!).

The whole thing was on for about 12 hours at around 26-280F, but the point went back on for another 3 hours and I jacked the temp up to about 300F. Wood was cherry.