MNR Pressence......Finally!

FloatnFly

It does matter cause theres the flip side. We were fishing from shore last night and there were approx 15-20 people there. CO performed the slow drive by, made a u-turn and left without even asking how the fishing was. Why bother coming around putting wear and tear on our truck and wasting our fuel?

Oh I know. There weren't any cameras and/or reporters. See my point now? When I punch the clock I bust my hump the whole 10-11 hours I'm there. Why? Cause it is what I'm paid to do.

You really believe the CO just showed up out of blue and decided not to check you guys because there was no potential for a photo op/press release? Give me a break...

As for the 'no reg books and out in full force' comment...that's a head scratcher. This thread shows CO's on one river, famous for blatant fisheries violations on the biggest day of the year for it...where exactly is the issue?

I get the whole issue of misuse of revenue generation and not going into the fisheries but it seems like you're literally huffing and puffing over any MNR enforcement of old and well-established regulations as if it's some hidden corporate agenda to fleece all the outdoorsman. I'd like to hear a CO chime in on that :)

He was watching us eh? In the dark right? Those x-ray specs would certainly allow them to see through my pants and wallet to see my license and what was being kept in those white buckets the other anglers brought with them. Swallow what you will but I prefer to spit instead. Lessens the probability of infection.

As for the 'no reg books and out in full force' comment...that's a head scratcher. This thread shows CO's on one river, famous for blatant fisheries violations on the biggest day of the year for it...where exactly is the issue?

I get the whole issue of misuse of revenue generation and not going into the fisheries but it seems like you're literally huffing and puffing over any MNR enforcement of old and well-established regulations as if it's some hidden corporate agenda to fleece all the outdoorsman. I'd like to hear a CO chime in on that :)

The issue? Everyday is the biggest day of the year in respects to our resources or am I mistaken? If the dough stayed where it belongs you could do so much more all around. No?

Chime on in. I'd welcome a CO to do just that. In fact any politician who would like to debate the relative merits of exactly where our money has gone.....hell, even the so called Minister of Natural Resources itself can join in. Lets have them!!!

Pick on the real culprits as I have chosen to do. That is of course if you can find the stones. I'm done with this thread.

Edited by moxie

So in essence, it is completely fruitless to enforce our regulations and penalize people for illegally and negatively impacting our fisheries if the money doesnt feed directly into the resources? I'm as disgruntled as anyone over squandered funds but you must at least see te merit in enforcement?

The next time I see the Minister of Natural Resources ganking salmon, I'm going to give him a piece of my mind!

Also, you can't talk about someone having 'stones' then runnng away from the thread declaring victory, lol school yard antics.

Edited by BillM

They should have been out enforcing some rules at Mountsburg.. The creek was absolutely full of pike and there were up to 30 people "scooping" them out of the creek even though the season is closed.. Some volunteers from The Royal Botanical Gardens came along and removed over 1000 pike and relocated them to Cootes Paradise, with the blessing of the MNR... again, why no enforcement or charges??

The issue? Everyday is the biggest day of the year in respects to our resources or am I mistaken? If the dough stayed where it belongs you could do so much more all around. No?

Chime on in. I'd welcome a CO to do just that. In fact any politician who would like to debate the relative merits of exactly where our money has gone.....hell, even the so called Minister of Natural Resources itself can join in. Lets have them!!!

Pick on the real culprits as I have chosen to do. That is of course if you can find the stones. I'm done with this thread.

man, you're acting like a child, grow up. I made this thread because i was glad to see them out for a change, not to turn this into some politcal sh!t show like you have done