boat and motor mechanic wanted etobioke

emjay88

Hey Everyone,

My friend recently bought an older boat and I'm helping him do some restoration work on it. We ripped out all the old carpet and some rotten wooden floor boards etc. Was hoping you might be able to recommend somewhere local (427 and Browns Line area) where the engine can be looked at, as well as some of the wiring and electronics etc.

IMG_7097.jpeg

Hi, you're right in my neighbourhood. This is where I've taken my boat, http://www.citymarinetoronto.com/, very good staff, and is very close. The address on the website is Rangeview Road in Mississauga which I think is where my buddy has been but I've taken mine to the store on the Queensway just across the street from IKEA and west a bit.

Dan

Nice little project boat..If I were your friend I would do most the work myself. The motor is about all I would pay to have looked at..Make sure you test the foam in the boat while you have it apart..Do a core sample to be sure its not water logged..Youtube is your friend..

Sea Nymph Striper 17 foot, nice boat for a tinny reconstruct. It was on my short list back in 82 when I bought my first boat. If I remember right even though it was 17 it was wider and deeper than the 18 Starcraft Mariner, few guys had them out on Lake Ontario. Can we get a progress report with pictures and hope you know about the iboats forum, lot of tinny rebuilds in the Starcraft forum.