Lost my pier net, need advice on replacing it

chefboi17

Well I pulled a dumb move yesterday and forgot my net was leaning on the side of my car yesterday at port darlington (bowmanville creek). Had a feeling I was missing something, and pulled over in Pickering to check and what do you know, I forgot my net, and by the time I got back to bowmanville it was gone. ( life lessons suck)

Considering it's probably gone for good, I'm wondering what you guys use, and where you pier guys get your nets, mine was a bass pro telescopic handle dealie, but I found the basket was too small for salmon so I'm looking to upgrade.

Specs need to be

-relatively light

-portable (telescopic handle is a must)

-large basket

-prefer tangle free rubberized mesh

Any input would be awesome

buy an extension pole, the heavy duty models, fairly expensive brand new ($200ish) but my old boss would buy them used from rental places

then get a cheap donor net, remove handle and bolt onto your extension pole...or buy the rubber basket, bend some conduit to fit and bolt that on...it is stronger than any net I've seen in stores

You can get a pretty decent extension pole for $35 or so at Home Depot. I've had mine for about 15 years. Find a net that just slides over the end of the pole, then drill a hole through the pole for a bolt. I have yet to meet the pier or dam that mine can't handle!

I bought one of those yellow fibreglass telescopic extensions, I hope it holds up, as it was the strongest looking one Home Depot had.

Landry, I saw that, I wish you weren't so far from Toronto since that net would probably be perfect

I bought one of those yellow fibreglass telescopic extensions, I hope it holds up, as it was the strongest looking one Home Depot had.

Landry, I saw that, I wish you weren't so far from Toronto since that net would probably be perfect

I have one very similar. Like I said, it's got to be 15 years old. Just remember to always pull straight up, never try to lift the fish like you've got a 3 foot net. You should get many years out of it! The up side is that I've done many a paint job with that pole as well lol! Good luck!!