Looking to add a bike/butt seat to my lund

bawbag

If there is already a post socket buy the same brand at the height you need whether fixed or adjustable. As far as the actual seat? They come in various colours. I purchased one a few years ago for 20 something dollars and it still serves its purpose. Call local marinas inquire if they carry what is specific to your needs and if they don't they might be able to direct you to somone that does.

I use a Swivel-Ez adjustable post + seat from BPS in our 1700 Pro Sport.. No complaints... Only thing I would do is get one with a swivel for the seat mount so you can lean against the seat instead of having to sit on it.

Edited by BillM

I have a Lund and have been thinking of doing the same.

BPS has an adjustable post for about $120 and they also sell a seat for about $35 I think.

Not sure what same would cost from the Lund dealer. Let me know if you find out.

Can likely get on line too

Edited by captpierre

No need to get it through Lund, do you guys buy your tires from the GM/Ford dealers? :) As long as it's a notcedh 2 3/8 post, it will fit fine.. I just updated both our front seats from fix posted to air ride, can't wait to test them in on Lake O in a few weeks.

Thanks for the replies guys. After searching all over online, it doesn't look like swivl-eze makes a tall enough seat post for the 2 3/8 bases that came installed in my Rebel. They do have power pedestal options that fit the other bases though.

danbob your lund seat and post for 150 doesn't sound bad at all after looking at posts and seats online. Was that through a dealer?

I will see what the prices will be like through my local dealers and keep you guys posted.

I wanted to do the same for my Starcraft- bought a swivl- ese power pole and bike seat at Bass Pro, took a spare base from my boat and test fit the size- it is a similar design but wont latch- fits snug enough I think and looking forward to using it this season.

Thanks for the replies guys. After searching all over online, it doesn't look like swivl-eze makes a tall enough seat post for the 2 3/8 bases that came installed in my Rebel. They do have power pedestal options that fit the other bases though.

danbob your lund seat and post for 150 doesn't sound bad at all after looking at posts and seats online. Was that through a dealer?

I will see what the prices will be like through my local dealers and keep you guys posted.

Springfield is another company you should try. I can't believe you cannot find a post that's not long enough. I'm 6'3 and I've got an adjustable pedestal post upfront that I actually have to lower because it's too tall on it's highest setting.

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of a late reply but I made it into the local dealer today, they want $180 just for the post and another $30 for a generic bike seat. Not going to happen... ill be ordering online and using a seat base off an extra one I have.

I also run Swivel-eze 238 series and ordered a matching post for $78+Tx. Used one of the bases from a seat I don't use and afixed it to the butt seat.

Do you remember where you ordered your post from?

Do you remember where you ordered your post from?

bawbag,

Where are you located? Most marine supply stores will have these in stock or be able to get them for you.

I purchased mine a few years back from Port Whitby Marine Supply. http://www.weblocal.ca/port-whitby-marine-supplies-whitby-on.html

For 238 extension post reference, http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/Bell-Pedestals-Fixed-Height

For 238 series seat mount reference, http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/238-seat-mounts

When choosing a length for a fixed post, make sure you take into consideration the height of the seat base/mounts and the height (thickness of cushion) of the seat you choose to make sure the total height isn't too much.

Not sure of current pricing. I remember paying around $100 for the fixed post and base combo and almost double for the adjustable.